Any G&L People Here??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Plays a pink and teal splatter paint Korean Ibanez..

Yes! I had a custom U.S. Comanche for a while, but traded for a custom U.S. Legacy recently. I found that the Comanche was perfect for higher gain Strat sounds but not as nice for other things. Both are unparalleled in quality of raw materials, construction, finish, electronics, hardware, and tone per dollar.

I've found that those who argue the above tend to be people who either

A. Paid way too much for their Fender, or
B. Are smack talking e-douches that wear tighty whites and listen to the Goo Goo Dolls.

Or both.

Ryann said:

B. Are smack talking e-douches that wear tighty whites and listen to the Goo Goo Dolls.

Or both.
I was joking and making a play on words with the G&L acronym. (Gay & Lesbian)
Just because you're too stupid to have a sense of humor doesn't mean you have to insult people.
Real tough interweb commando here. :roll:
Douche.

"Can't we all just get along?"

It took me a while to really get how the Comanche works; there are some legitimate Strat sounds hiding within... It's all in the PTB; I've A/B'd it with my Fender Custom Shop Strat, and it's just as quacky. But, like you said, for high gain, the Z-Coils can hang with full size humbuckers any day.

The other thing that really does it for me is the chunkiness of the neck; it's beefier than my Gibson 50's Neck Les Paul, and is very comfortable.

ryjan said:
Ryann said:

Or both.
I was joking and making a play on words with the G&L acronym. (Gay & Lesbian)
Just because you're too stupid to have a sense of humor doesn't mean you have to insult people.
Real tough interweb commando here. :roll:
Douche.

Sheesh! So sensitive.

My Son owns 3 G&L's presently....He's a big dude, and the beefy necks are a perfect fit for him.
Great guitars!!

I have had 2 ASAT Classics and an S500. The first time around I liked the stock pickups. Right now I have an ASAT Classic with David Allen Hot Vintage pickups that I like. I also tried Colt 51s in it, and they were impressive in their complexity, but don't do overdrive at all.

Great guitars, though. And beautiful.

Fire engine red Rampage here. Bought it brand new well over 20 yrs ago, and it still screams. One pickup, one volume. Nuff said. :mrgreen:

Oh yea, love me some g&l
Fullerton red asat 2007
Birds eye Comanche 2001
Sunburst legacy 1994
Black Sc 3 1980 a real screamer
F-100 1980 natural
Asat black rosewood 1995

Build quality impeccable, Leo was at his best

I have two G&L Guitars, both of which are legacies and are pretty dang awesome.

One is a Legacy in the 30th anniversary trim, which is just a great looking and playing guitar

The other is a Legacy special in Blueburst with a Rosewood fretboard. The stock pickups were replaced with a set of the Paul Gilbert Injector pickups, which are a bit more strat-like than the rail pickups used by G&L, but still great.

I keep toying with the idea of picking up a Legacy HB or special HB to get more beef in the bridge position.

Have had 4 altogether over the years, currently own 2: A Rosewood fretboard Legacy and a maple fretboard ASAT Classic semi. G&L's are exceptional guitars and amazing value. I love mine.

Have 4 mid-90s currently, but a fifth is always possible. 3-bolt Legacy & Asat Special and a 4-bolt Legacy with maple neck/fingerboard along with a 3-bolt Swamp Ash S-500 with a rosewood fingerboard.

Have a scalloped Fender Strat but that's been sitting in storage for 7 years. :roll:

HI,I JUST JOINED THIS FORUM,AND READING THE POSTS. SO PLEASE BEAR WITH THE LATE REPLY. YES,I OWN A '93 LEGACY,A '96 LEGACY SPECIAL,WITH THE STACKED HUMBUCKERS,AND A 2004 COMANCHE WITH AN EBONY FRETBOARD. EACH HAS IT'S OWN PLACE,BUT OVERALL,I LOVE THE COMANCHE THE BEST!

1985 G&L Superhawk (Rampage configuration)

Sybil  (14).jpg

IMG_0154.JPG

Latest posts

Back