Red Lace Sensor

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hengushrh

Reaction score
I've an Eric Clapton Strat that I wasn'rt happy with at the bridge - the gold lace sensor turned muddy when I kicked in the mid boost, just neve =r had a tone I wanted from that position...

I'd bought a few Lace sensors to make up another scratchplate and load her with, but got a call for an audition this week... So when restringing I thought, "What about that red lace Sensor?"

Took about 20 minutes to strip down, rewire and restring and I'm over the moon with the results :0)

I can't believe I was going to wait even longer to get that pickup into the guitar, it shreds and shreds, plus I can get a powerful clean sound from the bridge now.

Thank you Mr and Mrs Lace for little Donnie.

PS try it, my boogie is now singing the way I wanted it to ;0)

hengushrh said:
I've an Eric Clapton Strat that I wasn'rt happy with at the bridge - the gold lace sensor turned muddy when I kicked in the mid boost, just neve =r had a tone I wanted from that position...

I'd bought a few Lace sensors to make up another scratchplate and load her with, but got a call for an audition this week... So when restringing I thought, "What about that red lace Sensor?"

Took about 20 minutes to strip down, rewire and restring and I'm over the moon with the results :0)

I can't believe I was going to wait even longer to get that pickup into the guitar, it shreds and shreds, plus I can get a powerful clean sound from the bridge now.

Thank you Mr and Mrs Lace for little Donnie.

PS try it, my boogie is now singing the way I wanted it to ;0)

When they came out with the American Standard strats in the late 80s they created the Strat Plus line. They used to have the Red in the bridge, Silver in the Middle and Blue in the neck. A really nice sounding strat. The band I roadied for in my late teens had one in the arsenal and she was sweet.

Glad you found your sound.

Peace,

Bobby

I have to say, I did the complete Billy Corgan thing, Blue/Silver/Red, and in my Strat, the red was just too bright. Maybe if it had a rosewood neck it would have worked better.

I now have a Gold, a Silver, and a Blue, neck/mid/bridge. I love this setup. The guitar isn't as hot overall as it was when it had a blue in the neck and the red in the bridge but I think it sounds better overall.

Latest posts

Back