Your Dream Mesa Design for next modern amp model

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to have a Mesa that had both simple circuits and great transformers in it, but be 2 amps in one head

The Stiletto Deuce is really a good idea with of exception 2 independant channels with a 2 button channel/boost footswitch each:

Channel 1: Lonestar Classic Cleans/MkIIC+ lead sound - set it on the amp - 6L6/6550 power
Channel 2: Stiletto(Splawn) Marshall/Recto - EL34/6550 power

2 loops - bypassable.
Have a 2/60watt and a 2/120watt version.

I'm going to throw an odd ball here. My dream-piece from mesa would be .. a full tube distortion pedal ! :D

gain, volue, bass, middle, treble, precence
raw / vintage high gain / modern high gain

Basically, one of the rectifier channels in a pedal. :wink:

channel 3 of a dual rec on one channel
mark series lead channel on the other channel

'tri-class' if you will. dual rectification and all that jazz.

i'd be happy with that.

How about the one that plugs into your head in the port at the base of your neck like on Johnny Mnemonic/ Matrix, but instead of it actually going inside it gets the tone you have in your head and reproduces it for you? Kind of like you are dialing it in neurally...

mesanomad100 said:
never heard of the V-twin
suppose thats was more a pre amp but still pretty much ticks all your boxes!!! :D
Personally, I found the V-Twin to be too compressed and seriously lacking in both the gain and tone departement.
A very nice pedal/pre-amp in it's own right, but not exactly what I was hoping it to be.

V!N said:
mesanomad100 said:
never heard of the V-twin
suppose thats was more a pre amp but still pretty much ticks all your boxes!!! :D
Personally, I found the V-Twin to be too compressed and seriously lacking in both the gain and tone departement.
A very nice pedal/pre-amp in it's own right, but not exactly what I was hoping it to be.

I will second that

A three channel amp 100 watts.

Channel 1 Lonestar classic cleans with a pushed mode

Channel 2 Dual Recto Tremoverb blues, vintage, and modern gain mode

Channel 3 Mark IV lead channel

Effects loop, 5 band slider eq assignable to any channel. 6L6's or EL34's.

It would be all of my favorite mesa tones in 1 box.

This would be something that everyone else would say is too complicated..

It would be a 4 channel amp like the Road King, but combination between the Trem-o-verb and a Mark IV... BUT.. it is 150 watts with the ability to switch between the power levels and the output section would have the ability to have the switching capability of switching between 4 different pairs of outputs.

I would have a 4x12, 4x10, 2x12, 1x15 speaker cabinets...

You wouldn't need anything else.. other than a wah pedal or a delay. Or... I wouldn't ... other than the fact that this would be the most complicated amps ever.. and makes a Road King or a Mark IV seem really easy to operate.

guitardog said:
I dont know what I'd call it, but I would have a 4 channel head. Channels 1 and two directly from the Lonestar Classic and Channel 3 and 4 from a two channel Dual Rec Solo Head. Reverb is a must, switchable power modes, selectable el34's or 6l6's. Basically a similar concept to the road king, but with true lonestar circuitry for channels 1 and 2. Not too creative, but would be the amp of my dreams. :mrgreen:

I like that idea. Actually, those are the two Mesas that I own, so I guess that I would like that idea by default. Another nice product idea would be a Lonestar rack preamp. It would save me from having to switch between two different power sections, if I wanted to use both amps on a gig.

NEW TRIAXIS.

1- CLEAN from RK2
2- CRUNCH from rectifier modern
3- LEAD from mark IV

It's programable so nothing more could beat it

:shock: :twisted:

Take the RKII, and replace one of it's clean channels with a MK type lead channel.

Done.

cudbucket u finally put what ive always wanted into words. Brit channe;s replaced by Mark IV lead!!!!!

ohh that sounds good to me!!!

I mean that would mean you would have
Lonestar cleans
MkIV leads
Recto Crunch
and Recto Leads

really what more could you ask for....nothing I would by this amp most definatly

18&Life said:
NEW TRIAXIS.

1- CLEAN from RK2
2- CRUNCH from rectifier modern
3- LEAD from mark IV

It's programable so nothing more could beat it

:shock: :twisted:

MESA please do it, it will be a master piece. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back