• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Mesa recto 4x12 cabs must be pre 2003 with v30s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fluff191 said:
I am all for the fine details of tone, but man looking at the metallurgy of the stamped metal part is over kill.

Whats next? The metal brackets holding the casters won't be up to par either? Geez! :lol:

At any rate I hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheers.

Yeah, that's my point. There comes a point where I think you're just nitpicking a little too much. I won't tell you where that threshold is, as some people will take thing pretty far, like guys only using certain types of batteries in pedals that are almost dead, etc. To each his own.

I like to nitpick, but trying to analyze the metal that comes in the speaker frame is a bit much for me. I'd rather worry about how it sounds and if the cab itself is durable (and they sound great and are built like tanks) rather than how much carbon is in a metal speaker frame, what size bolts they used to put the back on, etc.

Best of luck in your search, but I seriously think you'd be just as happy with a post 2003 cab... :)

Silverwulf said:
fluff191 said:
I am all for the fine details of tone, but man looking at the metallurgy of the stamped metal part is over kill.

Whats next? The metal brackets holding the casters won't be up to par either? Geez! :lol:

At any rate I hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheers.

Yeah, that's my point. There comes a point where I think you're just nitpicking a little too much. I won't tell you where that threshold is, as some people will take thing pretty far, like guys only using certain types of batteries in pedals that are almost dead, etc. To each his own.

I like to nitpick, but trying to analyze the metal that comes in the speaker frame is a bit much for me. I'd rather worry about how it sounds and if the cab itself is durable (and they sound great and are built like tanks) rather than how much carbon is in a metal speaker frame, what size bolts they used to put the back on, etc.

Best of luck in your search, but I seriously think you'd be just as happy with a post 2003 cab... :)

I dont know why but when it comes to my gear little things like that bother me but in real life the world could be ending and I could not give a ****. :lol:

Jason47 said:
I dont know why but when it comes to my gear little things like that bother me but in real life the world could be ending and I could not give a ****. :lol:

Haha, no worries. My wife would tell you I nitpick on the dumbest stuff imaginable.

Not to derail the thread...bump for you... 8)

Jason47 said:
Silverwulf said:
Considering the article you posted says some of the metalwork for Celestion is done in China and Mesa/Celestion both contend the Mesa speakers are made in England, I don't see any reason to assume the metal is made in China.

What's your big beef with metal frames made in China anyway?

The structure of the metal is changed signifigantly and how will the speaker last over time since this is a much softer metal being used?

It may not be signifigant to some but things like this matter to me. In the short term it may be a non issue but with all these problems with Chinese materials such as the dry wall fiasco I want to avoid any future problems that may arise from lower quality materials such as the metal.

One possible scenario that goes on in my head and it may be far fetched to some but plausible is:
the speaker being mounted in the cab for instance, the holes where the screws are may oblong and the stamped metal frame may start to warp from vibration from sound after so many years.

See in the US and UK they use 4130 or 1018 or Euro equivalent for stamped metal and this stuff is unavalaible in China. 4130 and 1018 is so strong as a sheet metal that after heat treating or just annealing it will hold its shape for a very long time even under stress. This Chinese metal not so much...

I completely understand your position. I am very much the same - especially when it comes to hand tools. No chinese and tools for me, thank you! It does matter... and if Mesa insists on using US or UK materials instead of Chinese, hell that's just one more reason to like the Mesa company!

I have a friend selling one for $550, pre-2003 with English made V30's. His is a straight/Slant and in great shape, where you located?

Jason47 said:
I am looking for a straight/slant regular size recto cab.

Must be in very good to near mint conditon, I have a UPS commercial account to cover shipping costs.

Do not want Chinese made V30s in it so it has to be made in 2003 or prior.

I am willing to pay up to 550 if in mint condition.

siggy14 said:
I have a friend selling one for $550, pre-2003 with English made V30's. His is a straight/Slant and in great shape, where you located?

Jason47 said:
I am looking for a straight/slant regular size recto cab.

Must be in very good to near mint conditon, I have a UPS commercial account to cover shipping costs.

Do not want Chinese made V30s in it so it has to be made in 2003 or prior.

I am willing to pay up to 550 if in mint condition.

I am in Mountain View California. If he can get it packed and boxed well, all he has to do is drop it off at UPS and bill my commercial account.

Latest posts

Back