Wow, I'm really liking the RA and its playability. Try ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered one to try out. If it works out I'll get a second one and load them both into my 2x12 traditional/Stiletto cab. I do like the V30s in that cab, but as you say it can be a bit too smooth. The 2x12 Traditional can get a little resonant and boomy at times with the V30s so I expect the CB's will be an improvement in all areas. I'm trying to get classic 60's and 70's rock and blues tones.

Can't wait 8)

Ok, so I have been using the Creamback in a 1x12" for a few weeks now. I'm very impressed. Celestion did do a really good job with these speakers. They do have all the Greenback goodness, but are a little more balanced. There is more bass, but it is still well controlled and suits me better than the V30s which with my setup can sound flubby when palm mutting.

What I wasn't expecting was the clean tone to be as nice as it is.

I will be getting a second one so I can load up my traditional 2x12.

If you want a British tone that is well defined, has enough punch and top end sparkle without the ice pick, I would definitely recommend Fane Studio Axiom Speaker. I put one in my Mark IV combo and I am loving it. Sounds killer with higher gain settings, and shimmers on the clean with well defined bass. Since the combo is open in the back that says a lot for this speaker. I like it much better than my 412 standard Recto cab fitted with EVM12L. I could not stand the V30's they just did not provide the tone or character I desired. The Fane Medusa also has similar character. There is a demo on the Dynamo amp in Guitar World site that has the Fane Medusa speaker in it being driven by a 200W GT-6.

I was in the market for a new amp. Considered the Dynamo but the RA100 is half the cost as well as half the power and with reverb to boot. I was previously considering the Carvin V3 and or V3MC, I love their guitars but not sold on the amps. My goal is to get the Mesa RA100 head, along with the Dynamo 412 with the Fane Medusa speakers or the Fane Studio speakers.

The Mesa Boogie Black Label MC90 is also a good speaker if used in a cabinet. By itself it easily gets lost when pushed. Had that issue with the 412V30, the Mark V was too much for it. EV's on the other hand, will take what you can give it and they just keep going. EV better suited for Heavy Metal style, not too bad with the cleans but I believe that the Fane is better for a cleaner toned amp.

Back