Wild West Guitars

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
Hey boys... just returned from my business trip in Cali and had the pleasure of hitting up Wild West Guitars. If anyone is ever near Riverside, you have to check this place out. I have never seen more PRS guitars in on place and the way its setup demo'ing guitars/amps is very private and allows you to play loud without worrying about pissing someone off. Plus (at least while i was there), its very low key so you get to play without hearing 10 other snot nose kids playing MoP through a line6. PLUS... the guys there were super cool and actually encouraged me to play a whole bunch of guitars and were really cool about setting me up and making sure i got the full experience.

I got to play more or less the full Diamond series of amps and I was pretty blown away. Very different from my Roadster but such a cool gain structure. Has so much gain there but still stays clear all the way through high volumes.

I also got to play a bunch of PRSi including a 20k Private Stock which i didnt even want to handle but the guy insisted. What I was really blown away with was the new PRS 57/08 pickups... so much so i'm trying to find a way to get a set in my McCarty without having to buy a new guitar (which is the current deal). So if anyone is in the area make sure to check out this shop... its an experience.

Must have been an awesome time. When I first started obsessing about PRS, Wild West always had the coolest guitars on their site. Can't say I've dealt with them, as every PRS I've bought was used, but I bet they're awesome!

thats where i bought my ernie ball petrucci. they were super cool and they even changed some of the store policies about returns so i could try the guitar in my room with my amp. ill probably buy all my new guitars from that place...every time i walk in that place its an awesome experience

fatoni said:
thats where i bought my ernie ball petrucci. they were super cool and they even changed some of the store policies about returns so i could try the guitar in my room with my amp. ill probably buy all my new guitars from that place...every time i walk in that place its an awesome experience

yeah i was blown away about how encouraging they are for you to try the plethora of high end gear they have their. i was actually taken back by the store itself as it felt more like a converted office buiding than a guitar shop but i found that having everything segragated into offices made total sense. It allowed me to demo stuff with the door closed and not feeling like i'm bothering someone with my hack attempts at certain songs. no other store i've been to would not only allow me but actually shove a 20k guitar in my hands... i felt bad playing it because i didnt do it justice but i can say it didnt sound any better than my PRS which made me feel good.

Latest posts

Back