Who uses wireless?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLBoogie

Reaction score
I have a wireless system for my guitar, a sennheiser. I notice at the end of notes there is a little distortion, sizzle like sound that lasts less than a second probable but is annoying. Any else get this and what kind do you use?

I use the Line 6 rack mount XDR95. This is about as close to using a cord as I've come. It captures every nuance especially if you use your volume knob a lot. I cannot tell them apart... hell, it's so good I'm tempted to record with it. The transmitter and receiver work in tandem with telemetry constantly updating battery and signal level at a glance. It is a battery hog, but the sound quality is well worth the trade off. I've used the Samson and Shure rack units in the past but had to deal with RF and the usual cracks and pops associated with these VHF and UHF units respectively. I strongly suggest trying one if possible in advance of your final decision.

I use a Sennheiser ew100 G2 and have never had any trouble with it. Very clean and never any interference. Has yours always been that way?

Could be your squelch setting. I used to get a bit of sizzle at the end of notes if I sustained them until they got very quiet. I opened it up and it went away, and I don't have any trouble with interference. You may also have a gain or companding level adjustment. These things are quite complicated and don't work perfectly out of the box.

I use an old Audio Technica 1400 series. I have always loved the tone and performance. 8 years, not one problem. Easily 300' range. Works through walls. It's great. Sounds like a guitar cable.

elvis said:
Easily 300' range. Works through walls. It's great. Sounds like a guitar cable.

I don't know how people can play that far away from the band. When I get only about 100 feet away the slight delay of hearing what I and the band play vs what my fingers are doing throws me off a bit. Maybe in ear monitors is the ticket. I can't image what it would be like 300 feet away.

I don't typically play that far away, for the reasons you give. But it's fun to be able to :D

I generally sound check all over the room, though. I don't care so much about the delay then. For outdoor gigs, it's nice to get some distance away to see what happens - the mix changes a LOT over distance.

I swear by my Nady 650 VHF with 701 transmitters...I love the way it hits the front end of my amp...Nady's companding circuitry makes it the ultimate guitar wireless in my humble opinion... :lol:

I have found that the lectrosonics wireless system is bulletproof and seems to have the best quality sound and build over the sennheiser or nady...

Rezamatix said:
I have found that the lectrosonics wireless system is bulletproof and seems to have the best quality sound and build over the sennheiser or nady...
the venue systems are the best wireless systems on the market without a doubt. Plus they are a great company and everything is built and assembled in rio rancho NM. Their customer service is top notch and are amazing about fixing your gear and not forcing you to trash it or upgrade.I am an auth installer and retailer for their gear so I get some good prices ;) the simplicity of freq sweeping and setting channels is worth gold and to hear a wireless system w no companding Is life changing on your guitar tone!

No matter how you cut it its a preamp all wireles units mess with sound a bit :( yours may be a bum unit try to get a similar unit to try .

I only use wireless live never in recording or at home like my amp pure

Good luck

Bick

Latest posts

Back