Who here does any "extreme" sports.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinK

Reaction score
I figure that there has to be some others here who enjoy some action sports. I myself ride bmx and i find it common that the guys i meet at the trails also play instruments. So what do you guys do?

I snowboard... badly. :) (i also run and bike, but they aren't "extreme" neither is regular snowboarding... but its enough to always have a worry about screwing up my hands.. gotta play)

AustinK said:
I figure that there has to be some others here who enjoy some action sports. I myself ride bmx and i find it common that the guys i meet at the trails also play instruments. So what do you guys do?

I do 12-24 hour solo mountain bike races, as does my wife and we race some road as well. Kayak surfing and expeditions to the glaciers. Not all that extreme really but more than the average person I suppose. We also film a lot of underwater work of sharks for Discovery / Animal Planet but that is for work. We do not film from cages, purely open water; sometimes with more than 100 sharks at a time and a few of them weighing over 2000 lbs..

BMX is cool but I never got into it; love to watch the demos at InterBike.

Peace!

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just gave up motocross last year,sold the bike and bought a stiletto

Was it worth it?

I race vintage sports cars.

Austin- used to race BMX back in the day (mid 70's) and just bought a '84 Mongoose Californian.

i used to have a road bike and i biked everywhere i went, but then money got tight and i just couldnt afford to keep it, i plan on getting another one when i can afford it, going out on rides up and through the parkway was the best. i reached 52 mph on a descend, i will never go that fast again haha, another decent i was on scared the living **** out of me because i lost my concentration for one second and i almost rode into a guard rail that was dividing the road with a steep steep hill, i could've died, though right at the last minute i turned and took the rest of the descend under 30mph'

has anyone else had any really close calls, or any accidents that you got badly hurt?

I broke my fibula in 2 places skating on a half pipe. Luckily I can still surf and snowboard, but not much skating for me these days.

gts said:
I Ski... fast! I love speed (I can't go skiing on weekends, it's too crowded). I was warming up out west once (first time ever skiing in the west) at an area where a friend was on the Ski Patrol. He told me I better slow down or they'ld pull my ticket. Slow down? It was my first run of the day and I was just getting warmed up... Western skiing can be steep and gnarly in it's own way but in my expereince most western skiiers are pussy's when it comes to speed (and ice ;-) )

Race road bikes - bicycles that is.... (my fastest hill decent was 60mph and that felt SLOW compared to speeds I normally hit while skiing)

I also play Ice Hockey and have for years.....

I used to surf all year... in Maine!!!

60 mph with a road bike? you're a rocket, my best is 46 mph! but I love climbing... Talking about skiing, we never realize downhill or super-g are such extreme sports until something bad happens, like Lanzinger's horrific injury, did you see...?

has anyone else had any really close calls, or any accidents that you got badly hurt?

That reminds me of when i was 7 or8 and i was riding down a very steep rocky hill in my local mountain bike trails and i lost control. I had to chose between smashing full speed into the side of the mountain or off the 50 foot cliff. I obviously went into the wall but it still hurt.

Oh ya i also broke my arm looping out of a wheelie and another time dropping in on my skateboard.

I ski and white water raft. Both are really fun. I did fall out of the raft in class 5 rapids which was a little eerie. Bloodied up my knuckles on some rocks underneath the water. And I've about been sent over the side of a mountain on skis. I still enjoy em though. I'd like to go sky diving and extreme mountain biking, but don't have the funds to do either yet.

-AJH

Many find my surfing abilities (or lack thereof ) extremely amusing . :lol:

Latest posts

Back