Which preamp tube?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duece2

Reaction score
So I've loss volume on my amp when I use my pedal loop in the back of the amp. And when I switch out of the loop it back to normal volume. So I was wondering which preamp tube is tied to the loop section or can I somehow clean the loop switch?

droptrd said:
It should be V4 - 2nd from the left, looking at the back of the amp.

Ok, so I tried swapping that tube and cleaning the socket. And still no sound but when I switch the loop switch to bypass mode its really fricking loud. I have to turn my master volume down like to 8:30. I'm beginning to think its the loop switch or the send level pot. Can you clean those?

Check where the output and channel volumes are at. The output control is active when the loop is on, but it is out of the path when the loop is off. So when the loop is engaged, the channel volumes control the volume of the channels in relation to each other and the output controls the overall volume of the amp. With the loop off, the channel volumes control the overall volume of each channel and the output control doesn't work. If the channel volumes are on, say, 12:00 and the output is on, say 8:00, then you will have a huge spike or drop in volume when switching the loop on or off.

Thanks guys! Last night I took the chassis out of the head box and reseated all my tubes and it works again. And I played it this morning with no problems. I don't know I cleaned all the sockets with cleaner couple days ago maybe when I reseated them it helped clean the pins some more.

Latest posts

Back