Where do you guys live?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monsta-Tone said:
We used to have a decent music scene here, but the economy has forced most venues and studios to close.

I lived in Farmington when I was a kid. Didn't like it much. We were thinking of checking out Belen or Bernallio though. Close enough to Alb. to get the business, but not close enough to have to deal with it everyday.

i actually live in aztec. i love it here. i moved here in the early 90's originally, been in and out of here since but keep coming back. farmington is such a different area than it used to be. actually pretty darn big now but dont really have the big city problems. plus i got durango about 40 min away, tons of outdoor stuff here to do. actually the boogie dealer here in aztec is the biggest selling boogie, fender, dr z, among others in the state.

belen is horrible imo would not live there if i had to. bernallilo is much better than it used to be but still a high crime area. rio rancho of course is been the spot the last 5-8 years to move in that area.

MesaGod666 said:
Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: Forgot to rule out:
Ohio - lived there once, never again - WAY too cold!
Illinois
Pretty much anything too far north! Don't like snow as much as some people do!

Too bad about Miami!

Hey...the cold keeps the riff-raff out.

Not true man :) :) I live in Wisconsin. Proof positive that doesn't work.

We do need amp techs here. I travel halfway across the state to a guy that works out of his house in Milwaukee. The dude has a basement full of stuff to die for and the kicker is...he doesn't play. He's a Mesa certified tech also.

Mark

I live in the San Joaquin valley of CA, the worst air quality of the nation. People die for no reason around here, like some government experiment gone horribly wrong. Two city's up the freeway several children got cancer just from drinking tap water. Oh, and it is over 100 degrees for 190 days out of the year and pay the highest rate for power in California. Howard Dumble used to have his shop downtown near the old Mosrite factory.

Traverse City, Michigan.
Nice little town. We like it here. Will always be a special place because my daughter was born here
a year and a half ago. That said, we really miss Alaska and can't wait to go back. Possibly next year
if I don't get an extension here.

Right on thanks guys!
Sounds like good amp techs are needed everywhere!

We have basically decided on Seattle or Portland. I know I said I don't want to go too far north, but at least it's in the forest and the ocean is close, even if it is too cold to get in without a wetsuit!

toneguy86 said:
MesaGod666 said:
Hey...the cold keeps the riff-raff out.

Not true man :) :) I live in Wisconsin. Proof positive that doesn't work.

My mom is from Milwaukee and I can tell you, if it were 15 degrees colder in the winter-time, all of that riff raff would go back to Chicago. Even so, it's that nasty *** sewer water y'all call beer is what really keeps them around. :) :lol:

Currently in the Bay Area, AWEFUL! Lived in San Diego, waaaaaaay better but still Cali. I find that the Mid-West and Southern States offer alot better standard of living for your $ and you can ferret out an amp tech anywhere if you look hard enough.

:D Man that would be a welcome change from dusty and brown!
It's starting to get green here, all of the trees are sprouting leaves, but this is one of the dustiest places I have ever lived!

Hard on the lungs and allergies too! This dust is so full of iron and silica! Oh yeah, and chemicals from all of the mining around here as well. Can't wait to get the **** out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, I just found 4 old snow mobiles on CL in Bellingham for $500! I'm guessing that I will need some more long john's!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Monsta-Tone said:
Well, it looks like Bellingham, Washington for us.
I got a job last week!

Does this mean I will finally have a decent place to take my amp if I need repair?

I live in Tacoma.

A FWIW, you will love it up here.

Bellingham is nice, and not too far from the San Juan Islands. You're going to be a happy camper. :)

Latest posts

Back