What's Your Favorite Chorus Pedal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martinluckhurst said:
Retro Sonic chorus pedal, based on the original Boss CE1

ML

Word. I have one, and it nails that 80s type chorus tone. Stupidly close sounding to the CE1 as well... :D

Electro Harmonix Small Clone, is the best sounding chorus pedal Ive ever owned. The only problem is my old one makes too much noise to put on my pedal board, so I bought something else and cant remember the name but it has a true bypass which doesnt taint my sound much. Another alternative is to use a whammy pedal in detune mode, you can rock the pedal and get some really great chorus sounds, especially if you split the signal between 2 amps. I dont use a chorus much live, cause it just gets lost in the mix and turns to mush for me. Some people love them and use them way too much in my opinion.

A friend has one of those old ADA pedals and it sounds pretty good also.

I think the more vintage pedals sound better than these all in one boxes a lot of people use these days.

Just my 2 cents.

a whammy in detune mode is a great sound. i originally bought one because i was big into RATM and after a while i ended up using only the chorus mode so i sold it because you can get a chorus that isnt that huge. also in the back position in shallow detune it has a nice flanger sound.

I'm suprised nobody has complained about this thread belonging in the effects section. But since this thread keeps coming back, I'll put in my 2 cents. I never tried the Whammy detune, but boss had a pitch shifter pedal with a detune that I liked alot for a chorus substitute. On a different note, has anyone noticed that most chorus pedals seem to add a mid hump? :?: Because I have. That became a source of annoyance to me and I went on a quest to find one that didn't. Well, after trying several brands, including a DLS, I landed this cheap Johnson that has an EQ that actually can dial a flat response.

Well, my favorite chorus is a Roland JC120 amp, but I guess my favorite chorus would be a Boss Uber Chorus pedal...(i don't know the name off the top of my head, but it's pretty cool.)

hmm, haven't tried many chorus pedals but love my redwitch chorus the best so far. It just sounds fabulous.

I have a Boss DE 200. Yes, it is "so 80s" as it was bought new in the 80s! It's a rack mount, 120v plug-in type effect that includes digital delay and chorus in one unit. I rather like this unit, because I can adjust the delay and/or chorus so as to be barely noticeable, using the controls on the unit and the FX loop mix knob on my Nomad 55. In this way, I can use a a few quick digital repeat "echos" muted by the amp's FX control as a substitute for a reverb in a "dead" room. And the same for the chorus, on tunes where it is appropriate.

It is not really a pedal, though, as it is a rack-mountable device. I don't use a rack anymore, as the only effects I like for use on my Nomad are this unit and an MXR KFK graphic EQ.

groovebelly said:
Homebrew THC Chorus,
analog,
true bypass,
great sound
I've been thinking about buying an Electric Mistress, but I don't know. This THC chorus has piqued my interest.

EDIT: never mind--it's not Stereo. I'm probably going to get teh Electric Mistress.

My Analogman Bi Chorus or the Modfactor....But for keeping my rig simple I use the Bi Chorus for what it does and the Modfactor for everything else it can do!

Latest posts

Back