what to expect after power switch mod DC 5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billboogie

Reaction score
Hello I am interested in having the 1/2 power switch mod done on my DC5. My question is, besides the difference in volume. What tonal differences can I expect when going from full to 1/2 power. Thank you.

There won't be a huge volume difference, but you will lose headroom and the power section will clip earlier.
25 watts is not half the loudness of 50 watts. 5 watts is.

I am trying to open up the amp a little without killing the neighborhood. I use the 1st channel with the gain all the way up so loss of headroom is ok. If I can get the master to around 3-4, I think I will be where I wanna be and can adjust from there. The master just does'nt seem happy untill it's at least above two. Thanks for the information. I was'nt aware of the earlier clipping.

Sounds like an attenuator is what you need... I have a TubeJuice Max50 and love it. Just don't expect to be able to crank the output and soak it all up for use at bedroom volume. You'll fry the attenuator in a heartbeat. But, you WILL be able to push the output to around 2 or 3 and keep the volume in check better.

I have been looking at those and I think your right, that is what I'm going to try 1st before a mod. I was looking at the weber mini mass 50. Read and heard good things about the unit. MusicMan, what do you like about yours. Thank you in advance.

Latest posts

Back