What Mesa bass rig do you use?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The D180:

d180.JPG

I use an m-pulse 600 with a ph 2x12 and 4x10
by far the best tone I could fathom man!
I use a ton of effects with my band, but when I'm doing a session or jamming in clubs with other people, nothing suitse me more than my clean tone!:D

I have a G&L ASAT tele bass strung with thomastik flats into 400+ (inside wheeled and handled SKB 6 rack space with furman power conditioner)
driving a Epipani UL 210. Great for small medium clubs, sound people freak a little from the hot DI but go on about the sound of the MESA.

the rig punches and slathers butter, but if you want to go Ampeg crank the preamp and it'll fart growl and spit.

I use a Scout 12" combo and I'm about to order a new Scout 15" ext cab (so I'll have the best of both). :D

See pic above + Bass 400 (6 x 6L6 version) :D

Next week in tha house!
icon__jam.gif

Edit: Updated pic:

Wall of deaf mkII:

wallofdeaf1v.JPG

My humble Mpulse rig...

l_8ecc83a405c1cc76cb9baaf726497e33.jpg

M pulse 600 6x10 Road ready.
It rocks.
For a live recording sample @ practice goto: http://www.myspace.com/spert

I have a 400+, M-2000, 2 Road Ready 2x15's & 2 Road Ready 2x10's

I have the amps in a Mesa Road Ready ShockProof rack case with tuner and power conditioner----AND IT'S HEAVY---EVERYTHING is heavy...but I wouldn't change my rig for anything else.

Most of the time, I just use the 400+ and 1 2x15 RR cab...I simply love it.

Next outdoor gig my band does, I hope the rest of the band lets me use the entire setup

(I've just started using my entire rig using my Rickenbacker 4003 (I tried the Rick-O-Sound but find bi-amping my entire rig {AND going through "the board"} sounds best and is less complicated....OMG what a SOUND!
Everything is under control...just have to touch the strings. My band loves the rig & sound!)

Recently added the Big Block 750 in vintage head case to the vintage PowerHouse 1000 in black tolex and blacke cloth grille. Sounds (and looks) terrific.

I was, until recently... playing through a Bass 400+ and one or two PowerHouse 212's.

Some health issues forced my hand, and I'm now running a Walkabout Scout combo on top of a Radiator 12 extension cab. MASSIVE low end!!!

My wife and youngest son (11 yrs.) are the bass players in our house. This past year, in middle of a string of gigs, my wife's beloved Gallien-Krueger gave up the ghost (or so we thought at the time) forcing us to make the big leap. We had opened for a band last summer and my wife had used their bass players Mesa rig and she had fallen in love. So we found a sweet deal through a buddy of mine and she now owns one of the M-pulse Venture 600 combos. It is a pig. Between my Lonestar and her new rig we are building muscle (our studio is in the basement). It's got an amazing sound though This past weekend she just got her dream bass as well--a Lakland 5-string. Our house is starting to look like a freakin music store!

Mark

I'm a little late to the party but figured I'd add my rig to the thread.

400+
Powerhouse 1200
IMG_2304.jpg

Awesome looking rigs!
icon__jam.gif

FC Spoiler said:
Don't tell the UN I'm going to add a 2x10 and 1x15 combi asap
icon_quite.gif
Done :D

Crappy visualisation made in paint of the Wall of deaf Mk III: Click here

In the "master rig" the Strategy feeds the two 2x10 + 1x15 sets (with effects from the Nightbass) and the Bass 400 gives clean power to the PH1000 8)
In practice I think the most used combination will be one 2x10 and two 1x15 cabs, more than enough power for all situations I can think of.

I will post new pictures ASAP (can take a few weeks due to logistical barriers)

Latest posts

Back