What kind of music are people using their Stilettos for?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been staying away from gear forums lately since they make me want to spend money that I really shouldn't. :) I wanted to post an update, though.

It seems like most of you are into harder rock than I am. The tone I'm getting right now is a fat, warm crunch with no harshness or graininess. I keep on wanting to try Tight Gain and Fluid Drive, but they get too harsh too fast. I'm now running both channels on Crunch! I keep the gain lower on Ch 1, but since I like my 'clean' channel to be mostly clean, it's great, and it gives me a little bit if I really dig in. Ch.2 obviously has higher gain than Ch. 1, but still super high. I think it's about 2:00.

So yeah, Crunch on both is where it's at for me. EQ to taste. Even playing a Strat, I still have to agree that this amp is NOT too bright, and it's a shame more people don't realize it. My humble rig (Fender AmDlx Strat, Ace Combo, DD-20 in the loop) sits perfectly in a band mix.

classic rock, blues, jazz-rock...

I got it as a 'marshall' amp and it does that quite good, and quite a bit more than that as well :)

I use a Stiletto Trident II for metal. I play in dropped B tuning. I don't understand why everyone sells this amp short in terms of Gain. It has plenty of gain on tap. It sounds tight and keeps everything clear with lower tunings. It is sensitive to the guitar and pickups. I use mostly pretty hot pickups and they all sound fine and heavy with the gain around 2 oclock. I will say it lacks somewhat when using my SG.

I play Metal, I have the Trident I only use it in 50 watt mode it is so powerfull and to think I got mine so cheap. I do boost mine with a Maxon 808 and a EQ in the loop, ill post sound clips soon, I just got done at the studio recording Ill get clips of just my guitar with drums.

Delta Blues and slide work on an electrified resonator, as well as lap steel work. Country, Blues, Jazz. It's all good.

Nice! My whole point of this post is that when people talk tone, put it into context When you put out general question such as "How do I tighten up my Ace", how can anyone possibly provide an answer without knowing what music is being played and what kind of tone is being pursued?

Here is a link to my bands page I recorded with a Stiletto Trident

https://www.reverbnation.com/SoundArsenal#!

Latest posts

Back