what is the best sounding wah pedal currently being sold

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bermuda_

Reaction score
I was just wondering guys what is the best sounding wah pedal currently being sold on the market today?

After a long and exhausting search i ended up with the Dunlop dimebag crybaby from he'll wah, it's super versatile and has a really nice options and spectacular tones for the money.

I really like my MXR CAE Wah. Sounds great and has really useful features. Really good wah if you don't want to spend $200+ just for a wah.

This question is relative to the ear of the buyer.
If you're looking for a wah, the best place to start is with the wah sound you like best from your favorite wah using artist.
Start with that one.
Most manufacturers will have sound samples of their stuff online as well as user demos on You Tube.

I have used and liked many brands of wahs but my personal favorites are various model Morley wahs.
I currently use the Mark Tremonti signature wah because it's Q is set in the spot I like as well as the built in volume boost and the step on/off activation that is adjustable.
I'm not really a Tremonti "fan" but this wah currently suits the sound I am going for at the moment and has the feature set that I like.

I like having 2 Wah pedals. I like EB and Vox for somewhat modern to vintage voicings. I like the Man in a Box sound as well as old Hendrix.

Cool...perfect timing for me on this topic!!

I used to use an OLD Morley power wah, you know, the big chrome one...I had to put it into storage for 7-8 years and it never really was reliable after that. When it did work for me, it was just a fire breathing wah pedal!! :twisted:

Do any of the new Morley wahs sound even remotely like the old ones?

Thanks for any advice out there and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :mrgreen:

MusicManJP6 said:
I really like my EB Wah. It smokes the Morley Bad Horsie I was using previously.

Hey MMJP6

I just got an EB wah, sounds great on the clean channel of my MKIV but, it adds a lot of noise in r2 or lead. Is that normal¿¿

Mick

I researched this quite a lot, and finally settled on a Fulltone. I got a Fulltone Standard Clyde to replace my ailing 20-year old Dunlop that I had modded by Keeley. The Fulltone is the best wah I've ever played - it's built like a tank, the sweep range is wide, it's very responsive and it dimes the old Vox sound without any signal degradation when not engaged. I love it.

plumptone said:
I researched this quite a lot, and finally settled on a Fulltone. I got a Fulltone Standard Clyde to replace my ailing 20-year old Dunlop that I had modded by Keeley. The Fulltone is the best wah I've ever played - it's built like a tank, the sweep range is wide, it's very responsive and it dimes the old Vox sound without any signal degradation when not engaged. I love it.

Good move in my view! (Of course two posts above shows my bias... LOL)

peace

Hey guys, does any one know what wah pedal Buckethead uses, because I love the sound that guys gets out of his wah?

I currently play a new EB wah- and I do really like it- full sweep, best "switch" on a wah period, just a great vocal wah and a killer layout- but I also have a special place in my heart for the Fulltone-

Ive been really interested in one of those. But I can never find any good clips of one. I have a Tesse RMC3 so i dont have a use for one, but I dig the BYOC stuff. I have the Ping Pong and Flanger on my board.
domct203 said:
For the DIY'ers out there the BYOC Wah is a great wah kit with alot of options (that's what's on my board).

Dom

droptrd said:
Ive been really interested in one of those. But I can never find any good clips of one. I have a Tesse RMC3 so i dont have a use for one, but I dig the BYOC stuff. I have the Ping Pong and Flanger on my board.
domct203 said:
For the DIY'ers out there the BYOC Wah is a great wah kit with alot of options (that's what's on my board).

Dom

It's a fun build and a great wah. IMO don't worry about clips if you plan to tweak the wah. And with all the options you can include (including 2 switchable inductors!) you can tweak quite a bit with-out ever lifting a soldering-iron :)

I also have an OD2 (MOSFET specs) & of course the confidence boost.

pair.jpg

I really enjoy doing the enclosures.

Great quality in the kits, well worth the $$.

Dom

Wow Your graphics look awesome! How did you do that?

Heres my Flanger that I hand painted with paint markers...
flanger1.jpg

Latest posts

Back