What if Mesa launched a new Triaxis?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puerco-araña

Reaction score
I know this might be a longshot... But what do you guys think the chances are that Mesa will re-visit the Triaxis line (sometime in the near future at least)? With such nice additions it has done to the lineup these past years like the Stiletto and Lonestar, and now with the new Mark and Electradyne... I wonder if it's something that would be in the works.

Maybe I'm just totally dreaming...

But Lonestar, Stiletto, and Mark all in one preamp.... would be pretty **** hard to pass up!

I'd definitely demo one immediately! I picked up a used Triaxis last year after wanting one for many years, and I'm getting frustrated with it. Some days it sounds AWESOME. Most of the time it's just weak on the gain and kinda grainy up high. I've tried numerous tube combinations but haven't found one that seems to stick from day to day. That new Mark V looks pretty sweet, but I would like something with MIDI switching and presets....AKA Triaxis MKII! :twisted:

Maybe the Mark V preamp is a Triaxis revisited and further developed. Look for the similarities in the different modes.

It definitely looks pretty promising, except it's missing the ability to save presets as well as the midi controls. Hopefully they're working on implementing these features into the Mark V in a rack format....

Some people don't realize that the Triaxis/2:90 was introduced in 1990. Its totally late 80's technology, as was the Mark IV (1989). Being that these designs are almost 20 years old, maybe we are due for a Triaxis II...and perhaps a matching power amp with progressive linkage. :mrgreen:

DMTransmutation said:
Some people don't realize that the Triaxis/2:90 was introduced in 1990. Its totally late 80's technology, as was the Mark IV (1989). Being that these designs are almost 20 years old, maybe we are due for a Triaxis II...and perhaps a matching power amp with progressive linkage. :mrgreen:
That would be sweet! And maybe they could make it in a 2 or even 3 space package so it wouldn't have to be so freakin deep! I'd be all over a oneathose!

-dave

I would guess that, once Mesa will be able to sell their current inventory of Triaxis rack preamp, they will offer the Mark (V) rack preamp.

A Triaxis II with Progressive Linkage would simply kill! I know that Hughes & Kettner makes an amp that lets you dial up "patches" with your amp settings and gives you an option of like 128 presets through midi.. . I wonder if Mesa will ever go the same route with their heads?

Puerco-araña said:
A Triaxis II with Progressive Linkage would simply kill! I know that Hughes & Kettner makes an amp that lets you dial up "patches" with your amp settings and gives you an option of like 128 presets through midi.. . I wonder if Mesa will ever go the same route with their heads?

It would be nice but i highly doubt it. The only company to really nail (in both functionaility and tone) that in a head version has been ENGL with the SE, but even then you can't save EQ settings. It would drive the price way higher than getting a midi switcher like the RJM products (granted its not able to switch modes like the SE).

Latest posts

Back