What effects are you using for your heavy rhythm on ch3?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trippedover

Reaction score
Do you guys run dry most of the time, or do you use chorus or even pitch shifting? I'm trying to work on a really heavy, and full type of rhythm. I just got a TC Electronic G Major 2 and found an awesome Phaser sound that is a little different...anyone ever tried this?

Also, what are you guys using Ch2 for? Mine is a very dark sound compared to ch3, and I've found some great Eric Johnson type lead sounds when using with my ART SGX Nitro...

I run metal rhythms completely dry, using my bridge pickup.

I use my neck pickup, and add a very subtle chorus, some delay, and some reverb for leads. Sometimes I'll kick on a boost if I need ridiculous sustain.

Mark iv mode dry for heavy rhythm. Lead is mark iv with some delay, bb preamp with gain set low as a boost.

When boosting, does it add sustain or more distortion?

The BB preamp set as mentioned (gain very low or at 0) and level high (3/4 to fully turned) will mainly add sustain. Tonally, it is quite transparent.

Very best,
Marcelo
NOWAYBACK

Does she really have to know? :wink:
Mine is basically sensitive to volume occupied by new equipment - a new cab, head or guitar would be out of consideration, but a pedal could easily pass unnoticed.

Best,
Marcelo

Dry...with EL34 tubes. But with the 6L6's I used a Fulltone OCD as clean boost for both lead and rhythm.

I go dry on ch3 as well, but for a nice fuzz heavy rhythm, I use a Mastotron on ch1.
On ch2 and ch3, the Mastotron tends to disappear.

I have an Eventide Timefactor in the FX loop, and I have delay on every sound I use, clean, rock, metal, jazz... Of course the M/S are set extremely low, but it adds an impressive amount of "full" to my sound.

Latest posts

Back