What a birthday present.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t0aj15

Reaction score
This morning while reading through yesterdays (my birthday) e-mails I found out that the Central Bank of Nigeria wants to give me a $10,700,000.00 birthday present. All I have to do is give them my life history. Here is the e-mail I received;

Attn: Beneficiary This Is To Notify You That After Our Meeting Today With The President, Accountant General Of The Federation, Office Of The Senate House, And House Of Representatives We Came To A Conclusion That We Have To Pay You The Sum Of US $10.7Million As Your Contract Entitlement. The Payment Will Come To You Via Gld Diplomatic Courier Service; Therefore You Are Your Full Name: Your Complete Address: Name of City of Residence: Country: Direct Telephone Number: Mobile Number: AGE: Fax Number: Occupation: Copy of your identification.
Dr. Sanusi Lamido Executive Governor Phone Number: +234-803-374-1005 CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA.
Friday, September 4, 2009 8:49 AM
"ededededed" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients

I have heard of others receiving this kind of nonsense but it's a first for me. :lol: :lol:

Oh, thats odd, it seems that the same person that sent out that letter from the central bank of nigeria also was interested in buying my ibanez off of craigslist... :lol:

LTE said:
Oh, thats odd, it seems that the same person that sent out that letter from the central bank of nigeria also was interested in buying my ibanez off of craigslist... :lol:

I really hate that crap....so rediculous

-AJH

I wonder how many people fall for scams like that. I would have to imagine that enough people have to fall for it to make it lucrative enough for the African scammers to keep doing it. Dumbasses....

Since my original post it has really gotten out of hand. My e-mail address must be on some international scammers list now because I now recieve 3-5 of these "you've won" spams PER DAY, with a vast majority coming from Nigeria.

t0aj15 said:
Since my original post it has really gotten out of hand. My e-mail address must be on some international scammers list now because I now recieve 3-5 of these "you've won" spams PER DAY, with a vast majority coming from Nigeria.

so do I. out of no where really, I was never getting any spam and then BAM...now I am getting up to 20+ per day. luckily gmail filters all of it...but its still annoying seeing it come in at all

Every time I read these I wonder how people can be so retarded to believe them. Idiots. :?

Guitar GeeK said:
73h Nils said:
Every time I read these I wonder how people can be so retarded to believe them. Idiots. :?
We were being sarcastic

I don't think nils was referring to you or the OP...I think he was just speaking about how these remind him that some people do in fact fall for it, and THOSE people are idiots.

grantcooper2 said:
Guitar GeeK said:
73h Nils said:
We were being sarcastic

I don't think nils was referring to you or the OP...I think he was just speaking about how these remind him that some people do in fact fall for it, and THOSE people are idiots.
Point taken

Back