well MB's difficulties with Effects Loops continues. Mark VII no fucntional loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston Krause

Reaction score
Bight a brand new Mark 7 a couple weeks back. LOve the amp. THis weekend I tried plug in a tremelo and reverb pedal to the effects loop. I got nothing... The light was flashing like it was getting input but no sound change. I tried different cords and pedals everything worked fine going into the front of the amp. Twisted knobs up and down reversed the cords to make sure I didn't have it hooped up wrong... Nothing. If anyone has an insigth on what if anything I'm doing wrong let me know. If not she goes to the warranty repair shop Wednesday.

Fx loop enabled in front panel and/or in pedal?

Attachments

• IMG_9589.jpeg
    IMG_9589.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 0
Check to see if the footswitch (assuming there is an indicator led on the footswitch) matches that of the indicator on the front panel. Also confirm the midi channel is in the correct position (set to 0).

Have you tried disconnecting the footswitch? Do it with the power turned off. Turn it back on and then see if the FX on/FS switch does anything. Without the footswitch connected. Doing this should place the midi controller into a different mode as there is no communication between FS and midi controller. If the FX loop works with the mini toggle in the on position, it may just be a minor thing that I would assume would be self correcting one you plug in the Footswitch again. Hopefully it is not a glitch in the midi firmware as I am considering getting the MKVII myself.

Another trick, you can use two cables in the send/return jack and leave the ends unconnected to anything. If turning on the FX loop with the mini toggle results in no sound (except noise from the cable ends) you would confirm the series loop is breaking the signal path. It is possible the cable end is not separating the built in switch. If that is not the case, looks like a repair for Petaluma to look at. Do not try to fix it yourself as that would void your warranty. Messing around with plugs, cables, disconnect of footswitch etc, even swapping preamp tubes will not be an issue as that is a self service thing.

Bight a brand new Mark 7 a couple weeks back. LOve the amp. THis weekend I tried plug in a tremelo and reverb pedal to the effects loop. I got nothing... The light was flashing like it was getting input but no sound change. I tried different cords and pedals everything worked fine going into the front of the amp. Twisted knobs up and down reversed the cords to make sure I didn't have it hooped up wrong... Nothing. If anyone has an insigth on what if anything I'm doing wrong let me know. If not she goes to the warranty repair shop Wednesday.
Did you ever get this resolved? Just curious how things have progressed.

Back