Well..after almost 4 weeks..I have my mark v back

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67mike

Reaction score
My mark v got sent back to ca for warranty repairs....

Got it back and put it together and fired it up......it works.....but channel 3 is still a bit noisy and something weird is going on with it because before extreme sounded way better than mark iv....but now mark iv is kicking extremes arse....also my power tubes are rattling like a ******* now....gonna call mesa on monday and ask for another quadnbof power tubes....they sent the out wrapped thinly in bubble wrap loose inside the box with chassis...they obviously got a bashing.

Well I bought a new rectifier tube....didn't help with the tube rattle. I threw in a spare set if 6l6s and still there...so I called mesa and they are sending out a set of 6l6s to try....hopefully that fixes it.

Played the mark v last two evenings....love it...what a great amp....such a nice rich sounding amp.

I am buying back a 2 x12 cab off I guy I sold it to....will try it out to see if that helps the rattle.

jb's 52 said:
Dang man...I hope it all works out.

Thanks......I think it has to be power tubes......they probably got a huge thrashing being shipped UPS ground from Ca all the way up to Canada and back!

I am just a bit pissed as I have replaced every tube in the amp withing the past few months....

On a positive note: I bought a Rivera Chubster 55 to play while the amp was getting repaired at Mesa.....I will be keeping it....but I really was impressed by the Rivera......then I A/B'd the Mark V to the Rivera....and I gotta say....the Mark V is THE KING!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back