• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

W.R. Landy Custom Guitar lost. Beware of DUNCAN_AMATEUR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingEdB

Reaction score
I wanted to start off by saying I do not think this person is a member here. I did notice that in a local (Vietnam) forum where he had my guitar for sale, a member here brought up my old ad because the guy was being dishonest. I have been contacted by many people that were fearful about deals they have pending with him. This info is valuable to anyone who enjoys our classifieds.

I made a stupid gas move by trusting this guy who is located in Vietnam. He kept communication up until a few days ago.

20090311_9_37.jpg

20090311_9_4.jpg

20090311_9_6.jpg

20090311_9_40.jpg

20090311_9_25.jpg

20090311_9_22.jpg

20090311_9_23.jpg

I was leery from the start, but he frequents many top forums and even had a "good trader" rating. I spoke to a person in the states who dealt with him. He said the deal went smoothly and that he was shocked by the communication.

The deal was my W.R. Landy Custom Guitar for his Gibson Standard Faded. We both agreed to pay respective shipping. Now almost 5 months later I have not received the guitar he allegedly sent, yet he has mine. He opted to insure it and supposedly filed a claim with his local post office.

I thought great! Now what? Well he sends me an email saying that he will sell my guitar locally and send me "around" $500. He said the local interest noticed my ads in the forums from when I was trying to deal it. He asked me to lie to possible buyers he found locally saying that I am his friend trying to sell it in the states and that he didn't get it from me. He says he'll never get the $1200 I had it listed for if the buyer knows he got it at that price. I said what!?!?!? I told him I am not going to lie to people and that he should send me back the guitar since he is going to collect the insurance money. He apologized saying that he was being selfish and that I was right. I felt that if he did the honest thing that I could be a connection for gear for him in the future. I figured I can pay him back by giving him access to gear he may otherwise not be able to obtain.

Next he says that transferring money from the US to Vietnam is difficult, but from Vietnam to the US is easy. He wanted to send me money to purchase something here and I pay to ship it back. Then he will pay to ship my guitar back and it will be equal. I figure that will work. His most recent email said that he doesn't have the money to buy anything. he asks if we want to go back to the initial plan? I said only if the plan was to send my guitar back, not the $500 nonsense. He says ok how you can send the money. I did some research to find out a way to have it shipped back and billed to me without any money going in his hands. I find that have Fedex pick up the guitar at his house and ship it through my account. Done!! I have sent him 2 emails so far and he has not responded.

I would NOT recommend dealing with this guy. Let this be a lesson that GAS is BAD!!!!

Dang Hai Banh your parents must be sooooo proud of you. Burn in hell boy.

other aliases:

Duncan_the_shredder
Duncan_the_Phat_Kat
duncan_banh_mcfly_fan
duncan_mcfly_fan

His facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Dunca...893?ref=search

duncan + vietnam = scammer

well ... i NEVER deal with anyone outside the 48 states. two reasons. 1st, i only ship UPS and i control the shipping - on several purchases i sent the seller a return label. that way i know that they ship it, what the tracking number is, and where it is at and how much it is insured for. 2nd ... if i could get at someone who stole my stuff, i would. prosecution or persecution. period.

on a side note - glad it isn;t a fellow board member. never had a bad transaction here. ever.

They used to hang a horse thief. Sorry to hear about your guitar, when stuff like that happens it really makes my stomach turn.

he has come clean for the time being.

he wrote an apology over at the HC forum and vows to return the guitar. he also has an amp from another member he scammed that he says he will return.

we will see.

KingEdB said:

he wrote an apology over at the HC forum and vows to return the guitar. he also has an amp from another member he scammed that he says he will return.

we will see.

Forgive the scepticism of a 48 year old musician, but that isn't coming clean, it is stalling.

Mahalo said:
KingEdB said:

we will see.

Forgive the scepticism of a 48 year old musician, but that isn't coming clean, it is stalling.

haha, you are correct. he is a master at stalling.

only time will tell whether he chooses to right his wrong.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have received my guitar yesterday!!!

the hack did change a few things. i guess the smacked a$$ thought it was a good idea to re-position the upper strap button straight into the horn. he also butchered the electronics and "upgraded" the saddles. haha. all minor of course. i have it back so i cannot and will not complain. its a pretty amazing outcome.

I want to thank everyone who responded!! Without your support this would not have happened.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :thu:

i would fly to this POS's house and break his fucking nose.....but im italian...we think differently lol

Back