Very impressed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are all great amps. I've tried them all. I went with the 5:50 112 for the less weight and versatility. The Classic is a great clean amp. I still have my Marshall though. Audiences are less tolerable with volume than they used to be. Only outside can I crank the volume anymore. Most gigs nowadays are low volume, so I had to change. The 5 watt setting on the 5:50 was a deciding factor for me.

I still have my 100 watt Marshall , but sadly it doesn't get much use. I love the the 5 watt mode on the Express, though a lot of the guys here can't stand it. I find it is still way to loud for home and usually not enough when live. I know from measurement that the 5:25 does not put out any more than 2 watts fully cranked in 5 watt mode. Perhaps the 5:50 has a bit more.

The ED is interesting as it has 45watt and 90 watt modes, but the 45 watt mode only gets to 18 watts before clipping starts. I can usually get it into the "zone" when playing live, but not always.

As far as portability goes, the Express combos are as good as it gets for Mesa. The Mark V, LSC and ED combos are just to heavy for me. I prefer combos, but had to go for the ED head and cab to save my back.

I have had my 5x25 1x12 for a year and still love it. I play small to mid size bars. Here are some video clips if you care to hear it in action. The first 5 videos are my boogie http://www.youtube.com/user/lebooch The rest are when I had my fender cyber deluxe...not a bad amp btw.

Latest posts

Back