Various questions...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alejandro

Reaction score
1. What's the best material for building up a pedal board? Now, Cornish may have the recipe for the pinnacle kit, but it cannot grow; same with generic solutions from Furman, Boss, SKB, et cetera, they're modular, to an extent, but if you want to get minimalist someday, you're stuck with a real estate investment.

I'm looking for a number of materials where I can resize the board, and change effects locations and positions. Velcro will get too dirty. Plywood and plumber's tape? My footpedal kit will be growing and changing shape.

2. What's the best phase pedal of these two: EH Small Stone or MXR Phase 100?

3. What kind effects are best used through the amplifier's FX Loop?

Cheers,
Alejandro

P.S. See Classified for sale of Ibanez JPM P3 and Mesa Standard 4x12 cabinet.

1. Because your board will be morphing like you said, I would consider using the plywood method but cover it in a decent loop upholstery similar to the softer velcro. Then you can put the hook side of the velcro on the bottom of your effects. Until you decide exactly how you want your board this is a good alternative and you can make new ones for cheap.

2. Your effects choice should be based on your ears. Go try them both and others.

3. Time based effects are best in the loop.

Thanks Russ.

Indeed, I was thinking plywood in 12"x12" squares would be my first experiment. Three, slant them, and give them some common connect underneath, like a detachable bar or latches.

I like the way Guitar Center has their effects mounted. A U bar and two screws.

Latest posts

Back