V Twin rack specs information

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonevibe

Reaction score
I have a 19" V Twin Rack and it has a board installed in the back for remote switching. As these units don't turn up so often I wanted to know was it an optional board or didi they all have it installed?

Also has anyone else got any more information on them?

:)

I have definitely seen some of them for sale with out the switches. There is a blank panel screwed into the back where all the 1/4 inch switches should be. It's wierd. I'm not sure if the earlier ones didn't have them or which run started to use them but I have even seen one with the blank panel for sale on the Mesa Hollywood store's website. Funny thing is that everyone regardless of if the unit has the switches or not seems to ask the same price. I would never buy one w/out the switches.

I've also read from those that have opened them up there was a possible plan to put a reverb tank in the early ones. If you look inside the "switchless" ones there is a huge space between the PCB and the back end panel. Dead space in there is a bit unusual for Mesa, so that's where they made the assumtion there would be a reverb tank. There are lots of pics online of v-twins. Been looking at these units for a while.

P.s. I am actually in the market for one... Just a f.y.i. :)

Thanks for the information, its really hard to find info on these units compared to other Mesa units...

Mine is probably going to go on sale, but I'm based in the UK, so no good for you...

Though I might get it out over the weekend and see what tones I can coax from it, I also own the pedal version of the V Twin, the first incarnation without the volume mod and its still a really useable tube preamp.

But I haven't used the rack version in ages, but mainly through laziness on my part.

Latest posts

Back