Unknown (to me:)) Boogie combo...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just gave a link to the guitar section on a website. Which amp do you mean?

THAT IS NOT A LONE STAR!!!!!!!!

it's the Imbuya wood Express from the mesa custom shop !

e525_w1w.jpg

Shep said:
THAT IS NOT A LONE STAR!!!!!!!!

it's the Imbuya wood Express from the mesa custom shop !

e525_w1w.jpg

No it's definately a Lonestar, If you click on the Amps link you can clearly see the Lonestar emblem.

http://www.worldguitars.co.uk/new/amps/

Plus in the smaller pic you can see the Master and Solo pots sitting side by side and not the stacked pots like the Express that you showed.

Intriguing. It definitely looks like it's an Express-style cabinet, but it's not housing an Express amp. If you look closely, the two knobs on the far right are aligned in a horizontal configuration, not the vertical configuration used on the Express. The placement of the Mesa Engineering Badge on the grill is off as well. Note also the plates for casters on the bottom. The faceplate is not black either. Looks to be a Lonestar that's been put in an Express box. Obviously a pretty tricked out custom order. Different - and kinda cool.

It's a "short" chassis (the proper term should be "narrow") Lonestar combo. Not many of them made.
Not an Express, which has vertical Contour knobs next to the on/off/standby switches.
Pictured amp has horizontal Solo and Output Knobs.

I'd say, judging on various Lonestar pics that front panel could be Lonestar's... Chassis is kinda strange... Too narrow... Only wide enough for the front panel... Looks really cool, though...

Thanks!

ZedPi

That's kinda pretty. I bet getting that in the UK was not cheap. :shock:

Ah, now I get it! Stupid me! You meant the background pic! :oops:

Yes, that is a Lonestar. The Lonestar really only has a 19" wide chassis, so it'll fit in a compact-sized (Mark style-width) cabinet as well. You can clearly see there's a Lonestar short head in John Petrucci's rack, and I know Mesa offered them that way a while. Not sure they still do, though.

IMG_0807.jpg

6.jpg

You can also recognize the grille being flat down from the front panel, like the ones on the pics, while the Express series have the grille sticking a bit out of the front (not good at describing this, but I guess you know what I mean to say)

Latest posts

Back