• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

U.S. to Canada shipping costs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHATTERBOX

Reaction score
I can't find a Mark 4 head in Canada and I'm considering buying Stateside. What are the regular costs I should expect to ship a head from th U.S. to Canada? USPS fees are around 115.00 but what else will there be? Sales tax etc.?

Hi, new here, been lurking for a while though.

To your question, I've shipped lots of stuff to Canada, and it can be a real pain for a shipper(customs stuff). I think thats why a lot of people don't like to do it. That said, I've been requested to ship USPS more often then not because it saves the buyers on customs brokerage fees. UPS, Fedex, etc. have to add somekind of fee for customs inspections.

Beyond that, Canada has import duties, which I think, run into the 10-20% range. And probably other fees or taxes. I would be sure and check all of that out before making a deal with someone here in the states, or you my end up with an unpleasant suprise, in the form of a huge import duty. 10% of a $1000 dollar amp is an extra $100 dollars. However, I think your currency is trading higher against ours, so you could make up some money there.

I hope this helps.

I just bought a guitar, valued around 1600, shipping was $100, customs charged another 160..so make sure you are getting a good deal in the first place, than the shipping/customs isn't to bad.

Do your self a favour and just take a road trip down south and pickup the gear in the States. You'll save a lot on customs and headaches.

I just bought a Suhr from a guy in the states..I paid 13.67 CAD...zero headache, cheap as hell for me, also just shipped my EBMM JP6 BFR from Canada to Florida...people just really need to learn the Ins and Outs of shipping between Canada and the states.

Latest posts

Back