triple rectifier reborn 2012 or mark v?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150vh

Reaction score
been shopping around for another mesa head & have come to 2, the mark v @ triple rectifier reborn heads. both having their own voicings, i heard that the newly reborn rectifer head works well by itself & not with effects, is this true. the same question goes for the mark v. leaning more towards the mark v as of now but would like fellow mesa owners to give me their inputs. to give you some background on what i'm using here's the chain: for effects loop i'm using a roland gp-8 rack unit solely for delays & in the future will add a decimator g string rack unit with a power conditioner. in front of the amp are boss tu-2 tuner-ernie ball volume-morley wah-ibanez ts-9-keeley boss distortion(orange)-tc electronics chorus-mxr phase 90-evh flanger-dunlop univibe. thanks for reading. :mrgreen:

5150vh said:
been shopping around for another mesa head & have come to 2, the mark v @ triple rectifier reborn heads. both having their own voicings, i heard that the newly reborn rectifer head works well by itself & not with effects, is this true. the same question goes for the mark v. leaning more towards the mark v as of now but would like fellow mesa owners to give me their inputs. to give you some background on what i'm using here's the chain: for effects loop i'm using a roland gp-8 rack unit solely for delays & in the future will add a decimator g string rack unit with a power conditioner. in front of the amp are boss tu-2 tuner-ernie ball volume-morley wah-ibanez ts-9-keeley boss distortion(orange)-tc electronics chorus-mxr phase 90-evh flanger-dunlop univibe. thanks for reading. :mrgreen:

What kind of music do you play?

If you play a lot of br00talz metal, you might want the recto. If you play older metal or intricate lead stuff, you'll probably want the V. Of course, each amp can cover more than one style, but those are the styles most associated with each amp.

i guess versatility's what i'm looking for since i play in a cover band. we do anything from new country to metal so i do need an amp with options & it seems that both offer that. i do lots of soloing so with that i lean towards the mark v. i currently own a tremoverb so the metal option is taken care of. what it boils down to is this. i really need a good "backup" amp in the event that my tremoverb goes bye bye @ a gig. also the issue of either amp (mark v or triple rectifier) being effects-friendly is another concern of mine. thanks for your input. :mrgreen:

5150vh said:
i guess versatility's what i'm looking for since i play in a cover band. we do anything from new country to metal so i do need an amp with options & it seems that both offer that. i do lots of soloing so with that i lean towards the mark v. i currently own a tremoverb so the metal option is taken care of. what it boils down to is this. i really need a good "backup" amp in the event that my tremoverb goes bye bye @ a gig. also the issue of either amp (mark v or triple rectifier) being effects-friendly is another concern of mine. thanks for your input. :mrgreen:

If versatility is what you want, your comparison should be between a Mark V and a Roadster instead of a Mark V and Triple Rec. The Roadster has a lot of versatility (compared to the Triple Rec) with the added fourth channel and extra modes.. but since you already have a Tremoverb, I'd say get the V.

If you already have a tremoverb then defintly go for either the stiletto or the Mark V, personaly i much prefer the stiletto and recto's over the Mark V, actually like the Mark IV over the Mark V, it is not a bad amp, but just not as good as the old Mark IV's in my opinion.

5150vh said:

Latest posts

Back