TriAxis new battery depleted after 2 months

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredz

Reaction score
So I picked up a 2nd hand triaxis which has worked perfectly for 10 months (although last 2 weeks it dropped gain after 2 hours of play, but that's another topic).

Since I have it, I swapped the battery in may or june and in september/october all my presets weren't being stored anymore. So I swapped the memory battery again and now it was depleted again after only about 2 months. I always disconnect the rack from the power outlet after I'm done using it, but a memory battery should last for years and years I think. The triaxis is in a rack with a furman, a g-major2, a bbe sonic stomp (pedal version) and a VHT2150 power amp. I never turn the triaxis off by itself, but just disengage the furman after turning off the VHT by itself. (dunno if this is at all relevant)

Measuring the battery after I took it out revealed that it really was empty. I briefly put in a fresh one and measured 0.2 mA being drawn from it (with occasional and very short increases to like 0.3 but nothing too wild).
A collegue of mine looked at the schematic and thinks the C40 capacitor is leaking some current, does anyone here have any idea why the battery would deplete so quickly ?

Latest posts

Back