tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murdock

Reaction score
i use to own a single recto. if i hated the distortion channel and on the single recto, will i hate the distortion channel on the tremoverb? I heard that the tremoverb is a bit darker and more smooth with less fizz, is this true?

i heard people saying how the tremoverb cleans are amazing compared to other rectos, is that also true?

Is the voicing on the amps almost the same but with the extra watts,trem, and reverb on the tremoverb?

any info would be helpful, thanks

well, if you hated the distortion on a single recto, odds are you aren't going to like the tremoverb as well, because even though it does have a little bit of a different voice, it will still have that "Recto" sound that all of the rectifiers have. I'd say try one out if you can find one, and see what kind of sounds you are able to get out of it. Also, try different cabs and see what your ears like. That's just my
2cents.gif

good luck man

-AJH

I'm not familiar w/ a Single Rectro other than what's on MESA website.

Depends on your settings on the ToV, you could get a fizzy sound if you are at low volume. Tubes amps, you have to play them at moderate volume.

But Red Channel, Blues modes gives a reasonable nice overdrive sound w/ out the fizz (to me).

Remember that the ToV has rectifier switch so you could switch to tube rectifiers where it rounds off the distortion makes them a little warmer.

If you didn't like the single rec, you probably won't like the ToV. They are different, but the overall feel is the same. I actually like my 3 channel DR over the TOV for versatility, and tone (let the lynching begin, but I love it).

listen to incubus....specifically the albums SCIENCE, Make Yourself, and Morning View. 100% tremoverb and PRS guitar.

Latest posts

Back