TremOVerb for Petrucci tones (metropolis part1 rythm)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hap

Reaction score
Hi there,
I recently traded my old Stiletto ace for a TremOVerb 1x12 combo with celestion v. 30's and boy is this one fine amp!

Don't get me wrong, the stiletto is quite the hardware as well I just never looked for that hot rod'ish marshall tone but wanted real Mesa Boogie Balls to the walls rythm sounds. Surprisingly so far I've mostly tinkered with the clean channel and been astounded at how easy I could nail the Count of Tuscany intro sound with a slight bit of detune chorus sound. Lush, sparkly and really amazing for those huge sounding arpeggio chords.

Now my question is if any other TremOVerb owners out there nailed the "metropolis part1" rythm sound? It's really thick, defined and as you hear in the intro chords every single note rings out nicely and sounds great without drowning in distortion.

I'm looking for something like this (4 minutes in) - - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24e8icZG1o

Cheers for any help provided.

Unfortunately, the T-Verbs Recto channel isn't like the other Rectos. It doesn't have quite has high of a gain structure, thus hitting that chunky rhythm might be a bit tough without a pedal.

Some kind of OD should get you there. Maxxon OD or TS9. OCD works really well too. I have been using my Mesa Throttle Box for rhythms like this on my Single Rec. Sure, my Single can get those tones without it, but i like to run the gain channel back and use pedals to boost it.

I REALLY like the Mesa OD. Highly recommend it. You will need a noise gate.

thank mate. I must admit it doesn't feel like there's not enough gain as such, it's more that the gain structure seems to be too muddy on the single notes.
I do have an OCD so gonna try playing around with that tomorrow.

Back