Tremoverb cleans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluntage

Reaction score
Are the cleans good or decent on these amps? I have never played one. How do they compare to the other Recto lines?

I've been able to get some really good cleans out of my amp. It has pretty good versatility and in my experience i can get alot of different types of cleans and they all sound amazing. I think as far as the dual rec line goes...it has the best clean sounds. but that's just my opinion.

go here

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=675922

and listen to my bands song "dr sasa two" I use nothing but cleans on that. Especially the solo in the middle. That sound is coming out of an explorer with emg's :shock: killer warm clean tone. anyways... i don't think mesa's been able to replicate the tov's clean tone in any of their dual rec's these days.

The tverbs have GREAT cleans :) I think someone mentioned awhile back that there's a bright cap that helps this a lot and he put the same cap on a normal dual rec and got similar results.

4nkam said:
I think someone mentioned awhile back that there's a bright cap that helps this a lot and he put the same cap on a normal dual rec and got similar results.

really? that's cool. i wonder where this cap is located? do you know?

This is an old demo of my band.

http://profile.myspace.com/vellum

The first clip (the Sea) was done with my T-O-Verb almost entirely. 40 seconds into the song there is a clean tapped part. Then I do some chording with a layered clean part on top. The chords are the T.O.V.
The only part of the song that is not the Mesa is at the VERY end of the song (the scream part)
We used a Les Paul with the drummer's 5150. He bought it from me. That last part was hard to track with the recto as I couldn't get the lows right. Its hard to run the board yourself while trying to track. So I used the 5150 and it sounds great.

I got my trem o verb new strictly for the cleans.

Its the best overall amp I have ever played/heard in my life. It does the Death metal thing last night and on sunday morning it does the black gospil big church thing. I've done fusion stuff with it, straight up nasty Prince funk, played on a hip hop record and currently have two PRS' tunned to dropped "B" and it sounds perfect.

There are Bogners and Diezels (sp?) Soldanos that do what they do well, but to find an amp that does this many things as well as it does....I think is pretty much impossible...'cept for maybe a MarkIV

...maybe I'll build a Mark 5 that does both...HAHAHAHHAH!

You won't regret buying one!

vitor gracie said:
This is an old demo of my band.

http://profile.myspace.com/vellum

The first clip (the Sea) was done with my T-O-Verb almost entirely. 40 seconds into the song there is a clean tapped part. Then I do some chording with a layered clean part on top. The chords are the T.O.V.
The only part of the song that is not the Mesa is at the VERY end of the song (the scream part)
We used a Les Paul with the drummer's 5150. He bought it from me. That last part was hard to track with the recto as I couldn't get the lows right. Its hard to run the board yourself while trying to track. So I used the 5150 and it sounds great.

I got my trem o verb new strictly for the cleans.

Its the best overall amp I have ever played/heard in my life. It does the Death metal thing last night and on sunday morning it does the black gospil big church thing. I've done fusion stuff with it, straight up nasty Prince funk, played on a hip hop record and currently have two PRS' tunned to dropped "B" and it sounds perfect.

There are Bogners and Diezels (sp?) Soldanos that do what they do well, but to find an amp that does this many things as well as it does....I think is pretty much impossible...'cept for maybe a MarkIV

...maybe I'll build a Mark 5 that does both...HAHAHAHHAH!

You won't regret buying one!

I like my tremoverb better than even the Mark IV I had. The tremoverb does great cleans and when pushed they can go into a nice bluesy SRV type breakup. It's a great overall amp.

I was thinking I may need a Roadster to replace my 2 ch DR but the more I hear about the Tremoverb, the more I am considering it. Sounds like I can get the versatility in clean and midgain tones that I am looking for but still be able to dial in all the gain I am used to with the DR. Less expensive to boot! Hmm...

Nice track, Vitor! 8)

the tremoverb will sound a LOT closer to your current 2ch recto than the roadster, from what i've read and heard. i don't think you'll get a serial loop tho....

I haven't had use for the loop in a long time. Currently, I only use a Vox wah and a Rotovibe out front. I have been considering some additional pedals though... delay, OD, etc. I guess the modulation and time effects should be loop bound, eh?! What would be the difference in serial vs. parallel for this? Problems?

bluntage said:
I haven't had use for the loop in a long time. Currently, I only use a Vox wah and a Rotovibe out front. I have been considering some additional pedals though... delay, OD, etc. I guess the modulation and time effects should be loop bound, eh?! What would be the difference in serial vs. parallel for this? Problems?

I haven't had any issues with my Tremoverb's loop. I had a single recto and when I used to run phasers, delay, or time based effects in the loop of the single I would get weird looping echos and crap. I haven't experienced any of this with my tremoverb's loop.

My fellow TOVers... Yup, the cleans on that beast are great. Maybe not Fender sparkle, but I love 'em. I do notice that if I want really bright cleans I have to use the Silicone Diodes, but the tube Rectifier has a nice warm clean w/ a little breakup when I crank the amp.

I was just discussing this on another forum. I wonder if the TOV will become a collectors item of sorts. I got mine new back in 1994 or so. I got the combo version and have since turned it into a half-stack. Here's the pick. I had to go w/ the Tan Grille!
http://balderdashrecords.com/Images/DSCF0007.JPG

It was originally a combo TOV so the tubes are on the bottom of the chassis and thus it must be inverted to fit in a headcab.

oneamongthefence said:
i bet that makes it pretty hard to dial it in right. :D

It's "intersting" to say the least. It's been two years and I still catch myself tweaking the wrong channel! I figure someday it'll be second nature, but for now it's not all that bad. Makes for good conversation. Not w/ the ladies, of course, which is too bad :lol:

dap9 said:
oneamongthefence said:
i bet that makes it pretty hard to dial it in right. :D

It's "intersting" to say the least. It's been two years and I still catch myself tweaking the wrong channel! I figure someday it'll be second nature, but for now it's not all that bad. Makes for good conversation. Not w/ the ladies, of course, which is too bad :lol:

I wonder how hard it would be to put the feet on the top of the headshell and the handle on the bottom so it would be mounted like a Mark or F series head? you wouldn't have the vents for the tubes, but that wouldn't be a huge deal I wouldn't think.

Latest posts

Back