Trem-O-Verb Effects Loop Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsilva

Reaction score
Newbie here so please bare with me if this is a Amps 101 question. I recently got an ADA MP-1 that I want to play around with but I don't have a rack power amp yet. I was wanting to use my TOV as a power amp for the MP-1 unit. I understand that I connect one of the outputs of the MP-1 to the Return of the TOV, Mix Level at 12 o'clock, Send Level at 12 o'clock (though I think it doesn't matter) but what should the Loop Select be set to?

When I first hooked it up it sounded pretty good, a bit bright, but still what I expected from the MP-1 as a preamp. What confused me was that I got output regardless of whether or not I had the effects loop foot switch engaged. It was a louder with it engaged... like a boost. Also, I thought I would still have EQ control from the amp as well as tremolo and reverb. When I had it hooked up to a friends Marshall JCM, the EQ on the head was still active but on my TOV it was disabled.

Do I have it setup correctly?

Run the mix a 100% or off....whatever is louder.
Set the level for the best tone. ...or off if it does nothing.

In the Orange mode you might have the presence knob work.
In the Red mode none of the tone controls probably work. They are not part of the poweramp.

Loop Select....just try them all and see what sounds best to you.

https://mesaboogie.com/media/User%20Manuals/Tremoverb.pdf

Send level won't matter. Mix at 100%, orange channel normal cloning mode.

Latest posts

Back