Trem-o-verb Dual Rectifier on eBay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
It's got GT 12ax7s and a case along with it, that prob drove the buy it now price up.

rabies said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330105495531

Is this a good deal?

Seems the buy it now should be around $1300 and don't know what tubes.

I was thinking of selling my RK1 and getting one of these, but never played one. The blues mode sounds cool, don't think other DR's have that...

I have been looking into Tremoverbs as well! However, not being able to actually testdrive one sucks. I don't know for sure it will scratch my itch...

Regardless, over the last 2 weeks, Tremoverb heads and combos have been rather reasonable on Ebay, somewhere between $900-1200 when I have looked.

rabies said:
well, used tverb + used case = ~1100 + ~200 = ~1300. who knows how used the tubes are.

it caught my eye b/c it probly won't end up like my Barney RK1 damage claim with the case. and the 4xEL34 possibly with blues mode is something my RK1 can't do. anybody have sound clips of this?

I'm starting to think that any amp with more than 3 channels is unnecessary and a waste of money. Diezel or Mesa, doesn't matter.

Never know... I just sold my 3CH DR for 1300.. TVerb's are more desirable.

Do you really need 3 channels? I've come to the conclusion that I would probably never use a third channel, thus it helps narrow down my choices.

I have a tverb and i love it. Easily surpass all rectifiers IMO. I got mine for 1200 used here locally and in mint condish. it only has two channels. yet has a switch on each channel changin the clean channel to vintage blues clean and the modern channel to blues crunch. So you have many possibilities and still only two channels. plus it has channel cloning and the cleans on it are amazing and yet to be reproduced by mesa. I'm totally biased, but i'd say it's a good amp to have in your arsenal.

the trem heads have been going for about 1000 to 1100, i just got one for 1000 shipped that is the first revision.

Now the road case doesnt really add much value, roadcases have a horrible resale value.

I have one for sale that has brand new Mesa tubes in it right now and comes with 5 brand new Tung Sol 12ax7s, 5 brand new Mesa 12AX7s, and an extra quad of 6L6s that were pulled right out of my new RKI. It is mint and I am asking for $1200 shipped with the extra tubes, and $1100 shipped without them.

bluntage said:
Do you really need 3 channels? I've come to the conclusion that I would probably never use a third channel, thus it helps narrow down my choices.
Technically you could say it has actually has 4-channel BUT only two sets of tone controls if you include "Channel Cloning".

But like you said, "Do you really need Three channels?"

rabies said:
well, used tverb + used case = ~1100 + ~200 = ~1300. who knows how used the tubes are.

it caught my eye b/c it probly won't end up like my Barney RK1 damage claim with the case. and the 4xEL34 possibly with blues mode is something my RK1 can't do. anybody have sound clips of this?

I'm starting to think that any amp with more than 3 channels is unnecessary and a waste of money. Diezel or Mesa, doesn't matter.

I've got a clip and vid posted of my tremoverb on the rig and tones section. I've got mesa el34's and preamp tubes.

Here's the link.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=10204

rabies said:
that sounded very good! :shock:

Did that strat have hum or single pups? what cab?

I liked that tone a lot, dude for blues. EL34 is great for blues mode on that.

It's a washburn steve stevens ss40 strat with dual humbuckers. They are gibson 496r/500T buckers from a gibson explorer. I used the bridge 500t for the Vh riff and rolled back the volumes for the clean. The clean blues riffs I switched to the neck. The guitar is a cheapo guitar. My american strat with single coils and pearly gates in the bridge sounds even better. It's a monster in the room, you loose a lot of high end and low end from the camera mic but it's the only way I could record the amp.

The cab is an open back Avatar cab with V30 and G12h30 speaker combo.

Latest posts

Back