To Buy or Not To Buy

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrapinger

Reaction score
Hey All

Saw an ad for a Triple Rec for $850. I'm a Mark IV guy, but want to know from those who may be more familiar with the Rec's

1. How different is a Rec and a Mark IV?
2. Can I run all EL34?
3. Is $850 a good deal?

Thought it might be fun to have for a different, but still Boogie sound.

Thanks

Well on clarification from the seller it's actually a 3 Channel Dual Rec. I think 150 watts would have been over kill anyway.

But what about the price? Is $850 still a deal on a 3 Channel Dual Rec?

Yes, that is a very good deal on a 3 channel Triple Rec, unless there is something wrong with it. You get a usable clean, and 3 fully independent channels.

-AJH

OK, so its a dual rec...Consider for yourself why this is roughly $400 cheaper than most! It's not a good deal if you gotta keep coming back here to ask us what's wrong with it, rather than playing it! Ya ever hear, ya pay for what ya get!

jbird said:
OK, so its a dual rec...Consider for yourself why this is roughly $400 cheaper than most! It's not a good deal if you gotta keep coming back here to ask us what's wrong with it, rather than playing it! Ya ever hear, ya pay for what ya get!

WERD UP!! :D

YEs, that's why I came to the Sages on this board. I've no idea what a quality used 3 channel Dual Rec goes for. I am a savvy shopper and only buy quality. I'll let y'all know if I do get 'er. Thanks

Latest posts

Back