To all Roadster owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimpleMind

Reaction score
Wanted to here you if its worth the money? Did you regret the purchaise, would you buy another amp if you had to choose once again or is the Roadster the Dream come true with respect to tone and versatility? Is there anything the Roadster can`t do with respect to tone? :roll:
thanks for answering

Forgot one little thing. Whats the difference regarding sound between a Roadster and a F50?
I hope i can get some response.
:roll:

I sold my Roadster too. I wish Mesa would make a 4 channel amp with Channel 1 and 2 of the Roadster/RK, Lead Channel of the Stilletto, and Lead Channel of the MKIV. Now that would be an AMP! :shock:

Meanwhile, I am very happy with my MKIV setup. Although, if you like Recto type distortion, the Roadster or the Roadking might suit you. BTW the Lead of the F50 is closer to the MKIV than the Roadster.

ursinus said:
I wish Mesa would make a 4 channel amp with Channel 1 and 2 of the Roadster/RK, Lead Channel of the Stilletto, and Lead Channel of the MKIV. Now that would be an AMP! :shock:

MMMMMMMMM Tasty... :D

Of course there are things that it can't do, but I don't regret buying mine one bit.

My Roadster has served me very well since I've owned it and I gig with it now over my Dual Rec. I think there are increadible tones in the Roadster, far beyond the "Recto" growl (but not excluding that).

A point should be made here. A Roadster is basically a hybrid between a Dual Rec and a Road King. It has the preamp/4 channel set up of a Road King, but with the power amp section of a Dual Rec, plain and simple.

If you're looking for "Marshall Crunch" or "Mark IV Lead" then no, it's not your amp. If you're looking for a more versitile Rectifier with better cleans, than it's right up your alley. IMO, it's the best bang for the buck for any amp in that price range. But it doesn't suit everyone's taste.

roadster is definitely the best amp I have owned to date.
the quality and variety of tones is quite astounding, although the core tone is a rectifier, it goes beyond what I was able to get from my single rectifier before or the dual I tried out extensively before I bought the roadster.

i am happy with mine - excellent versatility and tone

i wish i could play it a little louder, but my band mates grumble .. so i guess i wish i could get the killer tones at a quieter volume ... i wish it buzzed a little less too ... not sure why it does that .. but the solo feature really creates a buzz, as do the gainier channels

i wish the channels were laid out a little different (ch 1 should be upper left, ch 4 should be lower right) ...

I absolutely love mine, and I know you can get many more tones than just a trademark "recto" sound. I play every type of music, and it covers everything I need. One thing to remember is that gain level and the tone controls can really make dramatic differences when tried in different combinations and especially when at "volume"!

I really have no problem getting molten metal and a more traditional crunch along with tasty cleans and even brittle cleans. You just have to take time to explore this amp as I am sure you would with a mark IV. I have known people who don't actually enjoy the mark IV because they didn't take time to dial in different combinations.

How does the Roadster Recto Sound compare to the Dual and Tripple rectifiers?

Do you guys like it more or what?

rabies said:
ursinus said:
I sold my Roadster too. I wish Mesa would make a 4 channel amp with Channel 1 and 2 of the Roadster/RK, Lead Channel of the Stilletto, and Lead Channel of the MKIV. Now that would be an AMP! :shock:

Meanwhile, I am very happy with my MKIV setup. Although, if you like Recto type distortion, the Roadster or the Roadking might suit you. BTW the Lead of the F50 is closer to the MKIV than the Roadster.

If they also added the 5 band EQ to what you stated above, it would become the "Decimator". Keep dreaming. Mesa needs to merge the Mark IV and Recto into one amp.

+100000 How could I forget that! :shock:

roadster-T4D said:

i wish i could play it a little louder, but my band mates grumble .. so i guess i wish i could get the killer tones at a quieter volume ... i wish it buzzed a little less too ... not sure why it does that .. but the solo feature really creates a buzz, as do the gainier channels

i wish the channels were laid out a little different (ch 1 should be upper left, ch 4 should be lower right) ...

wHAT is this buzz you talk about?

The Roadster is a great amp and has some of Mesa's best cleans yet. I did sell my amp as I prefered the sound of my Dual Rectifier. I sometimes regret this but at the moment the DR is a better fit for me.

If channel 2 fat from the Roadster was in my DR I would be in tone heaven....

I have a Roadster head and a Lonestar combo. I really love both amps. I have to say that I like the tone of the Lonestar a little better. However, the flexibility of the Roadster is awesome. I can understand what they mean about the buzz, but you have to tweak the amp a bit. I like channel 4 the least.

barneyc4 said:
roadster-T4D said:

wHAT is this buzz you talk about?

the buzz is what i assume to be 'tube noise' or something like that ... only happens on the gainier channels ... on ch 1 it is much much less unless i step on the solo button ... i do NOT mean that the overdrive or distortion is 'buzzy' like a nasty fizzy fuzz tone .. . quite the opposite ... the overdrive/distortion is CREAMY smooth and singing ... i LOVE the tone of the amp ... it is just a noise feature that i am talking about .. dunno how to get rid of it ... will be trying a power conditioner next ...

note, this is not 'hum' from single coil pups ... it is with all my guitars (H-H and SSS) .. i know the difference

t4d

Latest posts

Back