thoughts about dual recto vintage and blues channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Punk

Reaction score
now I have been playing around with my ToV for quite some time. I don't see BIG differences between the two channels, especially when gain is set past 12 o'clock.

At lower gain levels the difference is more but again not that much. Of course the two differ quite a bit from the modern.

but in all it seems that all the four modes differ basically from the amount of gain, but are voiced quite similar.

what are your thoughts?

Are you trying them at loud or quiet volumes?

I find that some options on Mesas don't really seem to do much until you're playing moderatly loud or louder. There should be a pretty noticeable difference between vintage and modern.... totally different midrange character and a much different response when riffing, when played loud anyway (haven't played a Recto quietly in a very long time).

And while I've never played a ToV, based on other Rectifiers I'd imagine that "blues" mode is just the clean channel with more gain and possibly a thicker midrange..... though I'm just guessing in an attempt to give you an idea what to listen for.

Silverwulf said:
Channel 1 Vintage High Gain = awesome for leads.
+1
I like to flip the amp around and run blues for my clean channel and vintage for dirty riffin and leads.
Blues is one of Mesa's best modes, total control with your guitar volume

I don't have a T'verb but on my 2Ch Dual I run the orange vintage for my leads and the Red Lead for my rhythm tones. When you run the orange vinage sound the leads just scream from the 2Ch Dual... Just SCREAM

Latest posts

Back