the 'X' in my 'revG with revF specs' serial

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koa2015

Reaction score
I have a 2 channel Dual rectifier with serial R-003274.

This makes it probably an early 1994 revision G, built on what might be a revision F chassis, judging from the 'for export' capped "Ground" hole and blackened painted lettering around it. Also, it has the small "Mesa" logo in the front, which seem to be something of Revision F and not Revision G. Also my speaker jacks are 2x 8-16 and 2x 4ohm, also a F feature. But I do have the parallel loop. Haha! Seems this is an 'in between' model or something, or the information on the internet needs to be presiced, because if the Rev G did not change and mine is neither a 100% rev F or G, what is it then? Albeit not a pre 500, but maybe not even 500 like this one at all. Couldn't find the marking on the board. Where is it exactly?)

It's an export 'wired for 230V' version with the 'Mesa' stamped EIA606-345 and EIA606-249 transformers.

On the serial plate, after the serial number, there's an 'X' etched, done by hand. Is there any idea what it means or says? I'm the second owner since 1996 and it has always been there. I don't believe the first owner put it there, so my best guess is it is done at the factory.

Back to my initial question: what's the 'X' after my serial?

I have a '95 Dual chrome face #5674 with the F specs, but it's a G.

Look on the motherboard underneath the big blue caps etched in gold. The date will be written in the corner.

Never heard of the "X" in the serial.

Back