THE SHORTEST STRAW - MARK V CLIP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MesaGod666 said:
Carpdawg said:
Not to sound like a total amateur, but how do you isolate the drums and bass off a CD?
Thanks

You need about $4K in audio engineering software and a lot of free time.

I have a recording of an orchestra playing a symphonic piece of mine where the trumpets are out by a halfstep. Maybe you would be so kind to correct that? =-p :lol:

Dude, I LOVE the tone though. MILE WIDE!! Mark Vs sound like awesome amps with all the clips I have heard so far!

YellowJacket said:
MesaGod666 said:
Carpdawg said:
Not to sound like a total amateur, but how do you isolate the drums and bass off a CD?
Thanks

You need about $4K in audio engineering software and a lot of free time.

I have a recording of an orchestra playing a symphonic piece of mine where the trumpets are out by a halfstep. Maybe you would be so kind to correct that? =-p :lol:

Dude, I LOVE the tone though. MILE WIDE!! Mark Vs sound like awesome amps with all the clips I have heard so far!

Well isnt that funny, since you can find metallica's drum and bass backing tracks just about from any site. They had isolated those tracks for Guitar Hero (and god knows how they did that?).. I guess you wont be isolating those tracks with $4k equipment next time :lol:

how old is your little girl? I have a 3 yr old and ever since she started crawling, when she hears the pick hit the strings, she comes running to me and tries to grab the guitar. I've actually let her at my $1600 SL2HT to get her to leave me alone, but she wants whatever guitar I'm playing at the moment! :roll:

BTW, awesome playing, awesome tone, awesome everything!

emperor_black said:
how old is your little girl? I have a 3 yr old and ever since she started crawling, when she hears the pick hit the strings, she comes running to me and tries to grab the guitar. I've actually let her at my $1600 SL2HT to get her to leave me alone, but she wants whatever guitar I'm playing at the moment! :roll:

BTW, awesome playing, awesome tone, awesome everything!

My daughter is a year and a half old. I have an old cheap acousitic that I leave in a guitar stand and she'll strum it from time to time while I'm jamming out on the rig. The big problem is when I'm mixing or mastering songs. She wants to play with all of the levels and knobs. That's a bit challenging, but I seem to manage it ok...for now at least. :lol:

The Mark V is a fantastic amp...I personally like the Triaxis better though.

MesaGod666 said:
She wants to play with all of the levels and knobs. That's a bit challenging, but I seem to manage it ok...for now at least. :lol:
:lol: Well, be thankful its only those knobs. my lil one bumped the o/p on my amp to well over 6. I plugged in the guitar and was about to strike a power cord when I realized the fact. I could have very well lost my hearing as I was about 3 ft from the cab. :lol:

Thats cool, but you do know that Shortest Straw was recorded with a Quad preamp into a Strategy 400 PA right?

what are your settings for the shortest straw clip?

you said huge v...did you have it like this?

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=0&d ... &g5=100&t=

the 80 and 6600 all the way up 240 and 2200 half way and 750 scooped all the way out?

what were your settings for master,vol,lead dr,etc...

i have a mark III blue stripe rackmount with c+/r2 mod trying to get the tone

thanks

dass101 said:
MesaGod666 said:
Jason's performance on Justice is absolutely incredible. I am shocked that the 'tallica boys didn't dig it.

Did Jason actually play on Justice? :)

My thoughts exactly!!!

He said that when it came time to learn the songs for the tour he cried when he heard the mix on the CD.

Back