The Road to Tabriz (instrumental)(mk2b)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
The Road to Tabriz (instrumental)

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/road-to-tabriz

a rock instrumental, one of my favorites to date.
my first instrumental to mix since installing the IK arc2 software (room correction)

The Road to Tabriz, a possible location of the Garden of Eden, hey, lets go there.

rig:

edt4.jpg

very cool song…….top notch playing and fantastic tone! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!

thanks for listening, masque!

this is kinda my morph from a blues-jazz thing to progressive mood

kinda like dumbed down dregs.
LOL

new updated mix

this one kicks better

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/road-to-tabriz-new-mix_1-30-14

just listened to the new mix and it smokes.......clean as a whistle, tight and punchy! excellent job.

thanks masque

that's the boogie pretty much straight up, with a lot of room volume, and a 57 near the edge of the cone.

That was killer! You have some of the best recordings and originals out there. The playing, arrangement, production are top notch.

What do you use for the drum tracks? I am such a noob with drum programming that anything more than a straight beat, possibly a few fills here and there, is a daunting task. Perhaps (probably) the software I'm using - Ableton Live 8 Lite (came bundled with my interface) - is not doing me any favors. I just think there has to be an easier way to make drums sound more like there's a 4-limbed, carbon-based lifeform doing the work.

hey kiwi!
thanks for listening.

tho i have cheap gear, i get the most out of it.

drum tracks, is Superior Drummer. started out with machines, then ACID, then ezdrummer, and upgraded to SD2, and have not looked back.
still trying to put together my 'signature' drum kit tho.

to get good at programming, you must spend tons of time.

there is no shortcut.

if you want good drumtracks, commit.

superior DOES make it easier, with TONS of midi clips and a million riffs.

gonzo said:
hey kiwi!
thanks for listening.

tho i have cheap gear, i get the most out of it.

drum tracks, is Superior Drummer. started out with machines, then ACID, then ezdrummer, and upgraded to SD2, and have not looked back.
still trying to put together my 'signature' drum kit tho.

to get good at programming, you must spend tons of time.

there is no shortcut.

if you want good drumtracks, commit.

superior DOES make it easier, with TONS of midi clips and a million riffs.
Thanks mate, I'll look into that. I'm committed and obsessive and spend hours doing what I get now, so hopefully something that may be a bit more user friendly will make my time more productive.

Thanks for the tip!

Back