The Official DC Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D PM sent!

I just got a Lonestar cab that I am dying to try with my DC-10 head this afternoon. Only problem is, the cab is blue with the silver grill.

Guess I'll have the only blue DC-10 on the planet if I decide that I like the looks of the cab. :lol:

Thinking about selling my DC-3...what do you guys think.

Initially I replaced my Mark IV with the DC-3, because I figured I could the the Mesa sound we all love from the DC...

Through time I noticed it has its places...you can't use it everywhere. With my band (Pop style) it always cuts through and I don't need anything else. But I've been doing some 80's cover gig lately, and I always feel like I need more volume.

Should I keep it...I really need the cash to pay for the Mark...but I think I can move something else instead of selling it. I really like how it sounds.

I really would try an EV loaded Thiele cab under it before getting another amp. It's much cheaper and you can unload a Thiele faster than an amp if you decide you don't like it.

It will definitely add some thump and volume to your setup.

If that doesn't work, a DC-10 will cut through anything like a ginsu!

My DC "mini stack" is up for sale if anyone is looking for one:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=30649

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm new in the mesa family,I'm italian and I just grab a DC-5, can I join the club??
just a few question, I want to change the tubes(the pre are the tubes that mesa puts on...almots 15years old)
any suggestion, I think to put jj for the rhthym, mesa for lead and svetlana c logo for power tubes...what do you think?

I put in DougTube's suggestion for a six tube pre-amp amplifier, and it made a noticeable, positive improvement. I've also subbed in a few NOS along the way, and that's really opened the sound of my DC-5 up. I like the =C= 6L6s, too.

I sent a pm a little while ago, so i'll ask as i did not get a reply, may i join this club? I am a proud owner of a Mesa DC-5

The Doug's cocktail in my DC-5 really helped the lead channel, but sounded terrible for the clean channel.
It took away all of the sparkle and sounded muffled.
I swapped V4 from the Penta that Doug recommended to a Ruby High Gain and it made a world of difference.

Bought mine (DC3) in 1996. Use it now with a BB Preamp, a Hermida Zendrive and a Vox V847 with true bypass. I take care of it, now 12 years old looks like a brand-new one.

mesaface.jpg

I would be happy to join. I love my DC-10 head. I bought a Roadster to "upgrade" but I don't know if I'll ever let the DC go :)

PM Sent!

DSC00719.jpg

My beautiful .50 Caliber + on top of a Rectifier 412. I managed to talk the seller down $175 from his asking price and snagged the .50 for $600 CAD, I see them going on the Toronto Craigslist for much more than that so I reckon I did pretty good. The .50 Caliber + was the first Mesa product I ever owned, at first I was running it into a Randall 412 which was very thin, but last summer I upgraded to the Recto 412 and the only word I can think of that describes the tone is Angry, very raw when palm muting with lots a clarity and attack when doing any leads or fills.

This winter I want to experiment with some tube swapping, I've had the head for about a year and it still has the tubes that came with it so at the very least I think some new power tubes are in order. Would like to experiment with the tubes in the V1 and V2 positions as well, see if I can reduce the noise a tad bit - although the head is still quieter than a lot of other high gain heads.

Thanks to everyone on this forum I have taken the plunge...I have just picked up a DC-10 and it plays even better than I imagined!
I work in an office attached to a large aircraft hanger so we cranked it in there... :shock: ... :twisted:
Good lord does it have volume!

Anyway I look forward to digging into this amp with some of the information on here, thanks again everyone.

dod

PM sent!

I just received my DC-3 head... given my history with buying and selling amps frequently i'll hold off on the membership until I know this one is a keeper... It's my first DC-series amp, BTW...

MusicManJP6 said:
I just received my DC-3 head... given my history with buying and selling amps frequently i'll hold off on the membership until I know this one is a keeper... It's my first DC-series amp, BTW...

Gratz sir and I hope you love it.

I went from a Stiletto Ace to a DC-3 head... I was thinking it would be a 'downgrade' but I think it was actually an upgrade in Tone!

I went from a Stiletto Ace to a DC-3 head... I was thinking it would be a 'downgrade' but I think it was actually an upgrade in Tone!

MusicManJP6 said:

You can say that again. :D After reading about, and researching the DC-5, I sold my Deuce II knowing I'd love the DC-5. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

Back