The Heartbreaker!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneAddictJon

Reaction score
Ok, so just got my heartbreaker off of ebay and I'm running it through a 4x12 oversized recto cab - what an amazing amp. I'm finding this to be more versatile than the tremoverb, maverick, mark III or IV. Being able to choose either channel as high or low gain is awesome, and channel one with the boost switch on high gain is insaine and clear. I'm really enjoying this amp and I'll have some clips up soon - it's voiced similar to the maverick on channel 1 and somewhat like a mark III for channel 2's clean and a marshall/mark hybrid for channel 2 high gain. After searching the forum for info on it, it doesn't seem that many people have experience with the heartbreaker and I'm glad I took a chance on it. It can get a bit woofy easily on the high gain settings, but pulling the bass down to about 10:00 handled that. The reverb on it is excellent as well. After going to an Andy Timmons clinic this past weekend, I would say the heartbreaker can definitely get in the ballpark of both the lonestar and stiletto, with at least, if not more, gain as both. The one I got is definitely a player, a bit rough on the outside, but for the price I got it for I don't care, because it sounds great.

Jon, Nice write up on the Heartbreaker. Can't wait to hear the sound clips. So the question is...When are you going to pick up a Mark I, Mark II, Mark IIc+, Nomad, Blue Angel, Subway Rocket, and Express? You've owned just about every amp Mesa has made!

:D :D :D I really like the Heartbreaker. There is really a lot of potential with these amps.

I modded my channel 2 to be almost exactly like a JCM-800, only took a few parts and it made the amp even more versatile.

I think it's great that nobody knows about them or likes them. :lol: Keeps the price down. :lol:

good post

the heartbreaker is an awesome amp. i would have bought one if i could have found one at a decent price before i bought my stiletto

Has anyone had experience with both a Heartbreaker and a LoneStar? How do they compare?

:D I have both, but haven't been able to compare them yet.

The LSS gain seems pretty close to the Lust channel (similar to Marshall). I think the LSS has more sustain at lower volumes, but that goes without saying since it's only 30 watts.

Tuesday is the only day I really get to play my guitar these days, we have 3 kids and they take up most of my time.

:D Looks like a shootout next Tuesday! :D

Latest posts

Back