the best tone going right now??!!??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masque

Reaction score
I personally cannot get enough of the tone Andy Timmons has going on on his latest cd "resolution"......I like it all but I've been sitting here listening to "Gone (9/11/01)" and just freaking out....I mean it is nearly perfect in my humble opinion......if you guys know what I'm talking about then let's spread the love some....if you have not heard it then please go and check out some clips.....it's some good stuff I tell ya! Got to go listen some more.

Man, I couldn't agree more! I've been tuning out to "Redemption" for months now. Definitely the most awesome instrumental CD I've listened to in decades...............................

peace,
-d

yeah, great album! I like the way the guitar is really in "pole position" in the mix.

satriani's new cd for me!

it's brilliant you start to sing the melody's and forget that it's a guitar ablum, it's also a whole lot of fun to listen to

Timmons is one of my all time favourites

man he's got good style, phrasing, and dynamics
and an absolute tone king

I love having the house to myself and cranking the new album

the tone in the song "the prayer the answer" when the dirt kicks in
man its almost paralizing, it's so good

Did you know that most of satchs tone the new record with direct from his head with a Palmer atten/speaker simulator?

I was shocked too..

Jason

matty" the tone in the song "the prayer the answer" when the dirt kicks in man its almost paralizing said:
could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the music I'm into, I'd have to say Unearth and Killswitch Engage. Metallica's always had good "tone", I even like the rugged sound of St. Anger, but that might just be me though.

-AJH

If you like Andy Timmons then check out Neil Zaza's last release " When Gravity Fails" with Dream Theatre's Jordan Rudess and Peter Frampton. Neil's tone is great and he definetly has listened to Timmons as well.

Unearth's tone is sick. Really, really sick. They probably have the best tone going right now, but Mastodon has some cool sounding stuff too.

stompboxfreak72 said:
If you like Andy Timmons then check out Neil Zaza's last release " When Gravity Fails" with Dream Theatre's Jordan Rudess and Peter Frampton. Neil's tone is great and he definetly has listened to Timmons as well.

i'm having trouble finding sound clips...i've heard some of a couple but I would like to hear more...anybody got any ideas where i could find more sound clips of neil zaza?

For pure tone in the rock realm, I'd have to say Adam's sound from Tool on 10,000 Days. Love it from the gritty cleans to hi-gain heaven.

yeah agree on the Mastodon.. they have a really brilliant tone.

Also - Converge, Torche, Sword, Mouth of the Architect

and the most interesting... JESU! He does it all with a POD haha. great stuff.

masque said:
i'm having trouble finding sound clips...i've heard some of a couple but I would like to hear more...anybody got any ideas where i could find more sound clips of neil zaza?

Try Neil's site. Here's a link to the video section of his site: http://www.neilzaza.com/video/video.html. Also, try Guitar9.com: http://www.guitar9.com/sing.html - be sure to check out the short clip for "I'm Alright". That's one of Neil's signature tunes.

But back to Andy Timmons. His tone on "Deliver Us", the opening track of "Resolution", is probably the one tone in the past few years that pretty much stopped me in my tracks. In fact, if a Stiletto can get me somewhat near that ballpark, I just may have to start saving up for one! :D

Converge and Jesu.... you are my friend 8)
I love Jesu! Broadrick uses his tones to great effect. Not sure how he'd pull it off live. I'll be seeing Converge live soon though :twisted:

Latest posts

Back