Telecasters and Rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoes420

Reaction score
Anyone here use a Tele with their Recto for heavy stuff?

I have been increasingly seeing the Tele used as a heavy guitar and it sounds pretty good, but I haven't seen one being played with a Mesa.

And I am not talking about a Jim Root Tele with EMGs either... just a stock american Tele.

I did for a long time....Worked great! As a matter of fact, it was a stock 2004 Pink Paisley Tele. I later upgraded the pickups to Fender Vintage Noiseless..... then realized that wasn't an upgrade and got some vintage voiced custom Lindy Fralin Blues Specials.

I sold all my Boogies a couple years ago, but I'm getting the itch to get another Recto of some kind (ROV or TOV).

I've got a few clips in my sig below using just a tele with my Road King and Roadster.

Yes, the guitarist for the band Finch uses a Telecaster through Rectos and Diezel VH4's. Amazing tone. Saw them live in a club.

the tele IS the guitar man. pwerfull when u want and twang when u need it. the tele might be the ultimate guitar???

I had one for awhile and thought it sounded kinda thin to me thru my Mesa's.

I play in a 3 piece classic rock cover band and found that I prefer Les Pauls to Fenders.

Im sure you could tweak the amp to suit a Tele. WHen Ive taken my Strat to gigs the guitarist in the crowd always ask wheres the Paul at?

If you are playing in a 2 guitar band and the other guitar is a humbucker style guitar a single coil such as a strat will stand out better and contrast the other guitarist. For heavy rock I would recomend a humbucker style guitar over single coils.

Just my 2 cents.

I do, but I had a full size humbucker installed so technically it might not count lol.

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Melodyman said:
I do, but I had a full size humbucker installed so technically it might not count lol.

Which Seymour is that?

I,ve got a lite ash, a koa limited edition and a Baja and play them(and some strats) through mainly mark 3,s, it,s a marriage made in heaven 4 sure lol.

Brian Deneeve (From Autumn to Ashes) sometimes used to play fender telecaster thru Dual Rectifier and 1960AV cab. It sounded really good. not as good as his lp standards, but you know ... really good

I have a couple of tele's with Joe Barden and Harmonic Designs pickups.
They sound wonderful with my DR.

I use and old stock telecaster with my dual rectifier. the guitar make a lot of noise but when you play you can hear the tele's sound and undesrtand why this guitar is so popular.

I mainly play my LP with the Roadster but now and then I bust out the tele with it.

op1miq.jpg

t6fj0m.jpg

I use to run a stock '04 highway 1 tele through a Rev. A Rectoverb, and could nail Angus's rhythm tone on AC/DC's Have a Drink on Me.

I have since sold the amp, but soon will be getting either another TOV, or a Series 2 ROV head.

I've always thought there was something special about this Tele. When I bought it, I was actually going to buy a Deluxe, but this one played better and sounded better than every Tele I auditioned. Red with rosewood, The neck pup is microphonic. but sounds awesome. the only way I can describe the tone is "A Dirty *****" Dirty, mean and nasty. I keep putting it up for sale on CL, but cant seem to part with it. It's the guitar I play the most, even over my my 77 Les Paul Standard.

For an even more intresting tone, I occaisionally used to run my Gretsch Tennesee Rose through it as well

My friend gave me a Muddy Waters Tele, and I think it sounds pretty beefy through my Dual. I did finally give in and put a GFS lil puncher in the bridge. Now it can keep up with the rest of my fleet.

Latest posts

Back