TAD tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Reaction score
It's been over a year since I last went tube shopping, and this time out, I noticed my favorite (online) shop carrying TAD tubes... which I had never heard of before.

From what I can tell, TAD (Tube Amp Doctor) is a Dutch (maybe?) shop that does alot of other things, but also does a very thorough job of testing and matching a variety of tubes, sticks their label on them, and then resells them (sound familiar?).

EXCEPT for their 6L6s, which seem to be their own design. That's what I'm interested in. They got some good comments over in the fender forum, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience with TAD, especially those 6L6s...???

Up ;)

Hi

I'm interested in buying a quartet of 6L6GC from them. Are they able to sell me the correct biased tubes for my old Fifty/Fifty power amp? What shoutd I tell them? :?
I'm getting quite afraid about the necessity to adjust bias despite the official Mesa discourse. :(

I may ask them directly, but I want to gather some information before hand.

Thanks

fatboy135 said:
ok so the best choice is to get all in the same parcel

fatboy135 said:
ok so the best choice is to get all in the same parcel

Are you sure, It looks like you have a little doubt! :lol: :wink:

Thanks for the input.

I put TAD 6l6s in my 2:90 and the tone those tubes produce really brought my 2:90 to life! Thickened up the tone quit a bit, very nice and thick lows, they really produce mids very nicely as well... Next in line if my Mark IV!

Latest posts

Back