• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Subway Blues ***SOLD***

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken j

Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Subway Blues Guitar Amp

Due to ongoing health issues I am selling my modified Subway Blues amp. The modifications are cosmetic only. I converted this from a 1 x 10" combo to a head with 2 x 12" speaker cab. The head cabinet is made from pine and is covered with black Tolex. It has old style Fender type wheat grille cloth. It has cream colored chicken head knobs and a jeweled pilot lamp. The 2 x 12" speaker cab is an Avatar G212H Traditional Premier Custom Cabinet with Celestion G12H 30W speakers. It is an 8 ohm cab. I also have a grille with Fender silver cloth included (not pictured). Current price for this cab is $399 (new). http://www.avatarspeakers.com/g212h%20Premier.htm The Tolex, grille cloth, and chrome corners match between the head and cabinet. Both head and cab are in excellent condition.

The Subway Blues is a non-master volume amp. It is the second version with factory updates to the board and has a half power output jack. 20 watts with a tube driven reverb. The tubes have low hours on them and consist of two JJ 12AX7s in V-1 & V-2 (preamp), two EH 12AX7s in V-3 & V-4 (inverter & reverb), and a matched set of Mesa EL84 power tubes.

Amp front panel controls: input, bright/fat switch, volume, treble, midrange, bass, reverb, jeweled pilot lamp, standby switch, and power switch.
Rear panel includes: recording output jack, effects loop send-return-FX mix control, mute switch (silent recording), 8 ohm output jack, two 4 ohm output jacks (for running multiple cabs), and a half power jack.

As with all Boogies the tone controls are interactive and effect each other. The midrange control adjusts the midrange up to about the 11 o'clock then acts like a gain control adding preamp tube overdrive. This amp is flexible, as it can be used as a bedroom amp with the half power setting and keep up in a band situation in a small club at full power.

I will only consider separating the speaker cab from the head if the cab sells first locally. This would give me the ability to ship the head more easily given its small size.

Asking $600 for both amp and speaker cab.

This is currently a local sale only. If I can obtain a shipping container for the 2 X 12" I will consider opening the sale CONUS.

Slide show (all pics): http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z75/Ken_J_photos/?action=view&current=7e5ba1d2.pbw&ps=1&t=1324230353

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

I sold the 2 x12" Avatar cab locally yesterday so I am now able to ship the head only.
$400 plus shipping.

Great packing job and amazingly clean amp! It's like brand new.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back