Stupid Question - maybe...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe187

Reaction score
Do you guys take thhat silver bar off the back of the amp when you get a new Boogie? I have always seen it as a shipping aid and have talen it off for easier access to the chassis and now in the Mark V the footpedal pocket. I am sure it reinforces the structure in some measure but it is such a pain that I just take it off anf elave it off. Do you do the same? AM I somehow destroying my amop from some harmonic vibration that will melt my tubes or something without the bar?

Thanks

Joe

BTW - I had my first jam session wit this new Mark V last night - my god was the tone incredible. I was simply on channel two with Mark I mode and Mark I thick selected and the had the sweetest gain. I Love this amp!

Hey Rez

Its not really a fair A/B question, I use the BadCat primarily for cleans - which are incredible. I find the overdrive channel on the Cat to be aq bit too flubby and loose. The Mark V is obviously much much t ighter and using just channel 2 last night I had lead tones I have only dreamed of. I use pedals with the Cat - A Maxon OD-9 (Analogman) or a Fulltone OCD, but I would use the BadCat mostly for lighter stuff with less demand for a range of tones. It is an incredible amp, but somewhat one dimensional. The Mark V is, as advertised, about 10 amps in one box. You get such a huge range of tone. I was so happy with my lead tone without anything but a small amount of delay and reverb from a Rocktron Xpression that I had in the loop. It was incredible! Evereybody was commenting on how beautiful the tones were. I primarily played my Music Man through it, but some with the Les Paul and a bit with the Tele - all were incredible. The Tele on the clean channel with some slapback was the Tele tone I have always wanted.

The one thing I haven't tried and really want will be the 335 Larry Carlton tone out if it. I can come close with the Bad Cat, but I think I will nail it with the Mark V. I just gotta find it.

Joe

That metal thing is a tube protector. It doesn't really provide any structural support. You're not hurting anything by removing it.

Latest posts

Back