Studio Preamp problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliver_5150

Reaction score
Whats up everybody,

I am the proud and happy owner of a Mesa Studio Preamp. Lately I have been having some problems with constant volumedropping. I am sure it is the preamp and not poweramp that is the problem. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes trouble shooting, so that is why I am here :mrgreen: I hope you can help me. Here is a video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjZKGTVhCo

I can't help you, but I have had similar issues, on and off, with my Studio. It would happen on either the A or the B output; I would always just swap to the other one whenever one gave out. For a long while I've been using the effects send instead of the line outputs, and the problem hasn't occurred there. I assume that the issue is probably still happening on my Studio's line outs.

So it might be the line outs I should be looking at. I thought it might were the tubes that were the problem.

Yeah, try using the effects send instead of the line outs for a bit and see if you still have the problem. A lot of people maintain that the effects send sounds better anyway.

Ok, I found out the problem has something to do with the standby switch. I guess that is a solvable problem.

Latest posts

Back