Studio .22 Mod? Balancing Volume Between Channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also Mesa charged me less than they told me on the phone. I was quoted $150.00 for the mod and checkup and I assumed that didnt include shipping. They charged me $131.00 with shipping.

I'm surprised this thread has gone so long without this getting posted, but yes, there is a mod for this. The Studio .22s did not have a Lead Master control; this was added on the .22+ series. Here's a guide on how to mod your .22 to include this control: http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/boogie-tricks-a-fuse-fix-1

I did this a while back but I wasn't happy with the pot value I chose. I think I used a 100K; should have gone right to the 250K. I haven't gotten around to digging back into it though. It does work as advertised however.

I have a Studio 22+ and sent it to Petaluma/Mike Bendinelli to add a 4th volume pot (Lead Drive) at the back of the chassis in order to reduce the gain of the lead channel.

If you compare a Mark II with a Studio 22+ (both of them a 2-channel amp), you can see the Mark II has Volume1, Master1, Lead Drive y Lead Master controls. The Studio does not have a Lead Drive control so this mod solves the problem of balancing the volume of the clean and lead channels.

igfraso said:
I have a Studio 22+ and sent it to Petaluma/Mike Bendinelli to add a 4th volume pot (Lead Drive) at the back of the chassis in order to reduce the gain of the lead channel.

If you compare a Mark II with a Studio 22+ (both of them a 2-channel amp), you can see the Mark II has Volume1, Master1, Lead Drive y Lead Master controls. The Studio does not have a Lead Drive control so this mod solves the problem of balancing the volume of the clean and lead channels.

Though you also nee the Lead Master mod with the non Plus version.

Mine is showing up any minute from the little brown truck.

Latest posts

Back