Still LOVING the Stiletto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raingram

Reaction score
I got my Stiletto Ace back in 2006 when they were first released. I just had a great jam on it last night and am still excited about this amp 4 years later. I mostly play a Les Paul through the amp but it also kicks with my American Standard Tele and my Gibson SG Classic. I have gone through using different pedals over the years and also just plugged straight in and it always delivers the goods however I set it up. Just a great amp by Mesa and I am proud to own this cool-***, loud music machine!!!

Same thing for me!! :mrgreen:
I got mine back in 2007 and it's just sooo ME!! I've tried lots of tweaks, several pedals and they've all just come and gone. The best thing i did was put an old 2x12 Recto cab underneath my Ace...it just flat jams!! Dial in a little delay and that's all i've needed for over a year now. I guess you could say i'm happy with it!! :wink:

Mine is a 1X12 and I am just amazed at how full and loud it is for just the one speaker. I am building a 2X12 cabinet and have a couple of Celestion Greenbacks I'm gonna load into the cabinet to try out. To me the Greenbacks are a little smoother than the Vintage 30 so I think it'll make a good combination. If not, I'll try mixing some speakers to see what I get. Right now, though the amp sounds awesome all on its own. I just can't help but try to tweak just to see what I can get.

Me too. I just made a recent thread saying the same thing. And the louder you crank it, the better it gets.

Count me in here, I have had my 1 x 12 for a few years now and it still thrills me every time I play. That is basically all the time too: I am in a Worship Band as well as being a professional guitarist, and I work as a full time music tutor at degree level. I have played every genre from Jazz to Metal through mine and have never looked over my shoulder and thought "If only I had a ........ amp it would fit this bill a lot better". And yet for all that I still have my own sound, unlike when I was playing digital preamps...

I use just a few nice pedals to add some extra colors, but the Stiletto is my tone core. It is potent and flexible.

Great creative tool, I'm very glad I spent the money on this.

Back