Stiletto: Stage 1 v. Stage 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enigma

Reaction score
I personally prefer my Stiletto Trident (ver.1) over any Ace combo (stage 2).

So, exactly what's supposedly improved on Stage 2 over Stage 1? Overall tone, different tone altogether, what?

Those who crossed over to or prefer Stage 2 please enlighten me :roll:

So, basically everything is tighter, more aggressive and better fit and focused. I didn't know stage 1 stilettos were out of shape. Sounds like as if a middle age man went through a nip and tuck.

Of course, the mesa site's going to say everything is better :roll:

enigma said:
So, basically everything is tighter, more aggressive and better fit and focused. I didn't know stage 1 stilettos were out of shape. Sounds like as if a middle age man went through a nip and tuck.

Of course, the mesa site's going to say everything is better :roll:
"Tighter, more aggressive and better fit and focused" doesn't mean "better" it means different.

Engl amps are far more aggressive than Mesa's. I've played both brands. I prefer Mesa..

See?

My stage II is aggressive enough for me. It totally depends on what you are personally going for. I've heard the crunch is better on the version 1's. I've also heard that fluid drive is muddy on the V1's. But in the end it's personal preference.

My first post did say and ask whether the stiletto stage II had a DIFFERENT tone altogether? Meaning would anyone care to expound on that difference???

Get it? :roll: [/b]

enigma said:
My first post did say and ask whether the stiletto stage II had a DIFFERENT tone altogether? Meaning would anyone care to expound on that difference???

Get it? :roll: [/b]
I'm sure with that attitude, everyone will be willing to help you, champ!

LnTh,
I believe you own the attitude. Since, you seem to have a short memory why don't you waste your time reading from top to bottom again. You have not been helpful, but alas very sensitive; I believe one of the very first I've encountered on this forum.

Champ :roll:

srf399, fluid and crunch mode are what I use the most on the Stiletto. Fluid for leads - it does love a Les Paul. I need to get one.

I think you really have to compare (sonically) the Stage I to a Stage II Deuce or Trident.

I've never owned s Stage I Stiletto, but heard yours -- and I thought it sounded great, awesome crunch.

I have a Deuce Stage II...and too agree that it sounds better than the Ace....though they share supposedly the same preamps, they don't sound the same to me.

I don't think Mesa would have went through all the trouble if the stage II wasn't a big improvement over the Stage I. I don't think it was easy for Mesa to make the update so early in the stilletos run. They must have had a good reason for making the change so fast, and maybe it wasn't just about tone?

JAZZGEAR, what's up?

A local store has a stiletto deuce stage 1 on top of a stage 2. Perhaps, I ought to A/B them.

I'm certain Mesa made "improvements" upon hearing many complaints on stage 1. But, I suppose when you tweak in one area something has to give in another. as Jazzgear noted that he thinks "crunch" on stage 1 is better than stage 2, but the fluid position is better on stage2.

enigma said:
LnTh,
I believe you own the attitude. Since, you seem to have a short memory why don't you waste your time reading from top to bottom again. You have not been helpful, but alas very sensitive; I believe one of the very first I've encountered on this forum.

Champ :roll:
Well you're the one who needs help, not me. Hence no worries here.
Mesa upgraded the stiletto. Deal with it :lol:

i have a stage one stiletto and was considering trading for a stage two....but after borrowing a II for a couple of shows i came to the conclusion i really preferred the stage one.

1. the crunch channel on the stage one is infinatley better than the stage 2.
2. i had to go onto the tite gain channel to get the sound i usually use. the Stage II had a lot more gain though
3. i never use the fluid drive, so i cant say anything about it....

its a personal thing...i dont think one is better than the other

enigma said:
JAZZGEAR, what's up?

as Jazzgear noted that he thinks "crunch" on stage 1 is better than stage 2, but the fluid position is better on stage2.

That is very precise. Thoose are their main differences and you can feel those very clearly.

I own Stage I and Stage II.
Both are amazing and I´ll keep both

Tite Gain & Fluid Drive is where I live on the Deuce. I mainly use the crunch mode with low gain for a bluesy (not hard rock) tone...so the Series II works for me.

Though the crunch on the Stage II, IMO is equally as good (just not as crunchy as the stage I)..the guy I purchased my Deuce from Demo'd it for me through a Bogner 4x12 and it sounded ...well huge and crunchy :wink:

Again, I've never owned a Stage I Stiletto...but I've heard enigma's Trident and the crunch on it was amazing....and that was coming out of a Recto 2x12 Cab. I can only imagine how it'd sound in a 4x12 with Greenbacks :shock:

Latest posts

Back